The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Would anyone here trade Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat again?

Trading a prospect for the better player in the present (let alone one that is 28 years old) is short-sighted for a team that probably isn't in a position to contend and needs to stockpile more youth.

Then again, that's the kind of logic I'm used to seeing from NBH.

• Upvote 2

If you as a GM was offered Martin Hanzal for Jake Virtanen you take it easily. Garunteed NHL player putting up great numbers > Prospect that can be a bust.

This might be one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen.

You already have shown you cant evaluate talent with how obsessed you are with Jensen.

Even if Jake doesn't come close to reaching his potential I bet he still puts up numbers close to Hanzal.

Hanzals been a 30 point player most of his career.

Edited by Erik Karlsson
  • Upvote 1

We should all thank Benning for picking JV. We could have ended up with Marshmallows, like Ehlers or Nylander. Heck, in that draft, I'm thinking the only guy I take ahead of JV is Ekblad. JV is going to be a 40 goal guy, who plays a mean physical game. He's the next Cam Neely!!!!

• Upvote 1

We should all thank Benning for picking JV. We could have ended up with Marshmallows, like Ehlers or Nylander. Heck, in that draft, I'm thinking the only guy I take ahead of JV is Ekblad. JV is going to be a 40 goal guy, who plays a mean physical game. He's the next Cam Neely!!!!

Only 3 players scored 40+ goals last year, All were taken first overall... You might want to lower your exceptations a tad

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 1

I love JV I'm happy with the pick and I love the energy, but I'm just curious, you would have taken JV second overall before both Sams?

Need to keep a competitive balance in the CHL. The league would be lacking talent if all the top players fled to the AHL

Cry me a river.

If it's best for an unpaid player's development then it should be allowed.

In the case of Virtanen, what's to be gained from another year with the Hitman?

IMO, not much as he should be playing against men somewhere else.

Edited by rawkdrummer

Cry me a river.

If it's best for an unpaid player's development then it should be allowed.

In the case of Virtanen, what's to be gained from another year with the Hitman?

IMO, not much as he should be playing against men somewhere else.

Can't the Canucks try to have the Hitmen trade JV to a another team, where his development would be better suited?

Could you imagine Virtanen and Lucic on the same line?

Hopefully come next year, we won't have to imagine. :) I'm in what seems to be the minority of people who wants Lucic here next year, so long as the contract isn't nuts. I think he could add a lot even away from his play on the ice. I would be more than happy seeing Lucic mentor Virt.

Hopefully come next year, we won't have to imagine. :) I'm in what seems to be the minority of people who wants Lucic here next year, so long as the contract isn't nuts. I think he could add a lot even away from his play on the ice. I would be more than happy seeing Lucic mentor Virt.

I like Luvic too, and would love to see him here.

I could see Lucic helping Mack Stewart mold into a great bottom 6 power forward.

If you as a GM was offered Martin Hanzal for Jake Virtanen you take it easily. Garunteed NHL player putting up great numbers > Prospect that can be a bust.

A all of those players are better than virtanen and B Hanzal is better than all of those players.

wow people really don't understand how good Hanzal is here lol.

What's in that sippycup of yours?