The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

There's not many haters. Just doubters. Myself included. It's cool to see him put up points. It can only be great for his confidence if he dominates this tourney, as he should. 

Hopefully old man Willie was watching... 

Edited by Jiggs50

16 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Who thinks Jake goes back to Calgary after the WJ's are done?

And why not? If he does really good at the WJ, why not continue that confidence and let him tear it up down at the W now that he has NHL experience vs the rest of the Hitman. 

He can help the Hitman make the playoffs again. 

If he doesn't go back to Junior, that's fine.

These are the sorts of situations we need to be putting Jake in - ones where we know he'll have success and thrive. Develop his offensive game nicely as an overrager in the WJC and then WHL, then bring him back and bounce him between the AHL and NHL. Rushing him into the big league was the stupidest, most ignorant thing this coaching and management staff have done during their tenure. 

And also, everyone just calm down, this was an exhibition game where Jake is playing against guys far younger than himself. Two goals means nothing to me - I want to see him out there in the clutch situations scoring game tying or winning goals. When you look back at the greats of the WJC they're the kids scoring the clutch goals and hopefully that's Jake. Bad first game, good second game but come on, they're exhibition games, they mean absolutely nothing at all.

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

These are the sorts of situations we need to be putting Jake in - ones where we know he'll have success and thrive. Develop his offensive game nicely as an overrager in the WJC and then WHL, then bring him back and bounce him between the AHL and NHL. Rushing him into the big league was the stupidest, most ignorant thing this coaching and management staff have done during their tenure. 

And also, everyone just calm down, this was an exhibition game where Jake is playing against guys far younger than himself. Two goals means nothing to me - I want to see him out there in the clutch situations scoring game tying or winning goals. When you look back at the greats of the WJC they're the kids scoring the clutch goals and hopefully that's Jake. Bad first game, good second game but come on, they're exhibition games, they mean absolutely nothing at all.

Give the kid some credit!! This guy gets bashed every mistake he makes and when he plays great, exhibition or not he doesn't get the credit... Y'all are quick to point his flaws this and that, give him some credit.

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Far younger? He's like 19. They are likely a year or 2 younger. 1-2 years is not very much. Lol.

Edit: There are also kids the same age as him there. Just letting you know because you sound confused.

Edited by N7Nucks

3 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Give the kid some credit!! This guy gets bashed every mistake he makes and when he plays great, exhibition or not he doesn't get the credit... Y'all are quick to point his flaws this and that, give him some credit.

but Willie couldn't even score in a prelim game! what the heck is that about :rolleyes: