The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

I think they wanted to give Comrie a chance, as he had a good pre-tournament game and a good game against the Slovaks. They wanted to see if he could impress and if he let the score remain 4-2 or 3-1 we would be singing a different tune.

Does anyone think he looks like Antti Niemi? The flexibility, and the way he stands in goal? I don't mean for it to be an insult its just the type of goaltending style i see him playing right now.

Thought he had a great game.

no, demko is a good goalie, not an overrated bum who got lucky to have the blackhawks in front of him. the way he used the splits yesterday really reminded me of quick and positionally he looked like Cory.

For me, Demko was USAs best player vs Canada. I think the scoring chances that Canada had were significant ones. The goals against, only the PP labled onetimer beat him cleanly. Absolutely nothing he could do about the other two. He gave his team a chance to win vs imo the most dominant offensive team in the tournament.

As for comparisons, I actually see a lot of Cory Schneider in his game. :)

What's going on? Is it Demko letting in softies or is the US defense just that porous?

Can't watch the game right now so any info is helpful

5on3 1minute into the game followed by what seemed like half a dozen more penalties. Larkin put one in the US net, i thought demko couldve had it but its tough when your own team redirects a shot top corner.

What's going on? Is it Demko letting in softies or is the US defense just that porous?

Can't watch the game right now so any info is helpful

From the parts ive seen so far, The entire team doesn't look great. Wouldn't even know this is the same team that played Canada a bit ago.

To many penalties

As I am posting this though, USA picks it up and scores to make it 2-3

5on3 1minute into the game followed by what seemed like half a dozen more penalties. Larkin put one in the US net, i thought demko couldve had it but its tough when your own team redirects a shot top corner.

1 minute in? Wow that's rough. Is Devorski reffing?