The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Demko is due a Shesterkin-like break-out season next year. Everyone knows how good he's been, you could argue his team defending has let him down in front of him but the same can be said for NYR. Shesterkin destroyed his numbers from last year and rightfully won the Vezina, you've got to wonder when Demko makes that push. Right now he's a top-10 goalie in the NHL and it seems as though young guys are breaking into the top of the league earlier now than they have in the past, so I wonder if Demko becomes a top-3 NHL goalie in the next season or so. New York's defencemen shouldn't be a whole lot better than ours, they're maybe just a bit tougher and stronger but I'd argue player-by-player we're quite similar. 

The biggest thing will be that Spencer will play a solid 20 games easily and take a load off Demko. If Demmer had that relief last season, he wouldn't have had so many bad games down the stretch and his numbers would have looked much better. Got a big feeling Demko is going to be considered at least a top-5 goalie next year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, -DLC- said:

image.png

Sorry for being clueless, but who are the guys on the left. (I recognize Pearson, Myers, Boeser and Poolman on the right.) Is is Horvat with the beard on the left and Hughes beside him? It would easier to recognize them if they were wearing their Canuck numbers. 

12 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Sorry for being clueless, but who are the guys on the left. (I recognize Pearson, Myers, Boeser and Poolman on the right.) Is is Horvat with the beard on the left and Hughes beside him? It would easier to recognize them if they were wearing their Canuck numbers. 

Jordy Benn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Jordie Benn on the far left and Quinn Hughes beside him. The guy beside Hughes on his left looks a bit like Rathbone, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Jordy Benn

Just now, -AJ- said:

Jordie Benn on the far left and Quinn Hughes beside him. The guy beside Hughes on his left looks a bit like Rathbone, but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks guys, I get it now. So the guys are

Benn, Hughes, Rathbone, on the left and Pearson, Myers, Boeser and Poolman on the right. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

No Bo and no Miller.  Interesting.