The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

35 minutes ago, smokes said:

For today's game, the highlight of the night was when Stewart gets ready to challenge Tryamkin then sees him and turns with his tail between his legs. 

The way he plays, He hits like Jovanovski with the long and busy stick of a Willie Mitchell, with a little more work he'll have a shot of Salo. If the Canucks were ever going to get a Norris Trophy Winner, 5-8 years down the road, he might be the best chance.

I agree, I really get the feeling the canucks are very quietly thrilled about him, he does have the makings of a franchise d man. If they came out and said that, people would laugh at them and point to the sample size, the kid would feel a lot of pressure and the organization would get laughed at for trumpeting a 3rd round pick with less than 10 games nil experience. I he is an absolute giant out there and crunching guys looks so easy for him. A really great pick by JB. My only concern is that if we do not sign a top 4 d man in the offseason he will be stuck playing with a crap d man like sibs when, if paired correctly, him and hutton could become absolute studs. I would love to see us resign Dan hamhuis and he can play on the left of tryamkin seeing as tryamkin seems so comfortable on the right. we then need a right shot guy like demers to play in the 4 spot beside Hutton.

edler Tanev

Hutton Demers

Hamhuis Tryamkin

trade sibs for whatever you can get ? 2nd

3 minutes ago, stexx said:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/04/01/the-provies-crazy-eyed-tryamplin-a-new-horvat-a-new-campaign-and-a-showdown-with-seen/ 

has the swatting of stewart and the sitdown of kesler, but it is missing the pirri crushing. 

Quote of the day:

“He’s a physical force. He’s a scary guy to play against. I’m scared to practise against him sometimes,” Horvat said.

• Upvote 1

As much as it is still really good to temper expectations, I think that it is very impressive that he hasn't looked out of place even so early on.

After a handful of games he is already above Weber, Bartkowski, and Biega on the depth chart and it could be argued even with a healthy defence he and Hutton would make up a 2nd pairing.

Lets hope that he continues to progress and we find a way to add another top 4 D in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Do you have any video of this? Or the hit on Kesler? It's imperative that I see this.

No, I don't have video, just from my memory. Sometimes @WTG posts some GIFs for interesting game moments...

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

If you watch replay of his hit in 2nd and what happened afterwards, pay attention to the Tryamkin's hands and gloves after he pushed Stewart to the ice - this definitely looked like Tryamkin was ready to drop the gloves.

So far it appears that guys are making the appearance of challenging him, but considering he's an unknown they seem pretty wary.  Nobody really wants to be the first to find out what he can do, and the strength he's showing at throwing guys around is a big part of that.  At some point someone will drop them and Nikita will have to go, and he looks like he knows that and is fully prepared to do so.  Should he have a decent showing against a reputed enforcer, that will only establish his reputation.

38 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I am absolutely thrilled to have these great Russian bears on our defense (and do not want to see either sit out ever again).

Go Nicki Go!  (And you too, Andre!)

As I said in the PDT, after watching Tryamkin last night and Pedan dropping Hertl to the ice and throwing Donskoi on top of him, the thought of drafting Sergachev is becoming very enticing should we not land in the top 3.  That would give us 4 guys capable of physically rag-dolling opponents of nearly any size.  Would be very interesting to see how that would free up our skilled players, too.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

As much as it is still really good to temper expectations, I think that it is very impressive that he hasn't looked out of place even so early on.

After a handful of games he is already above Weber, Bartkowski, and Biega on the depth chart and it could be argued even with a healthy defence he and Hutton would make up a 2nd pairing.

Lets hope that he continues to progress and we find a way to add another top 4 D in the offseason.

No doubt in my mind that Hutton-Tryamkin is a legit second pairing for next year.  They complement each other very well and there's some still-untapped offensive upside with both of them.  Optimistically, I'd even give them a shot at surpassing Edler-Tanev by year's end.  Certainly Hutton has handled top-pairing minutes well enough since Edler went down.  If we could get one of the good UFA D on the market this summer and pair him with Sbisa, we'd be solid again:  effectively 3 second pairings as we had 5 years ago. 

31 minutes ago, stexx said:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/04/01/the-provies-crazy-eyed-tryamplin-a-new-horvat-a-new-campaign-and-a-showdown-with-seen/ 

has the swatting of stewart and the sitdown of kesler, but it is missing the pirri crushing

Courtesy of Tony:

26088538812_906a6122c3_o.gif

Does it not look like he's starting to enjoy this?

Here's the entire sequence:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

As I said in the PDT, after watching Tryamkin last night and Pedan dropping Hertl to the ice and throwing Donskoi on top of him, the thought of drafting Sergachev is becoming very enticing should we not land in the top 3.  That would give us 4 guys capable of physically rag-dolling opponents of nearly any size.  Would be very interesting to see how that would free up our skilled players, too.

I'm not going to lie:  this idea makes me smile!

54 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Anaheim tried to test Tryamkin last night.

They did not enjoy the results.

That series where a Duck continued late into the offensive zone after the offside whistle so Nikita followed through with the body check, crunching him into the boards, then Getzlaf, who is accustomed to being The Boss, went after NT and got swatted away with one hand, and then Nikita had a Duck in each hand and Anaheim was hoping he wouldn't get his gloves off...

[Aside:  Getzlaf looked like a jerk going after Higgins after Nicki had tossed him aside, kinda thing Perry usually does.]

Okay so that was Getzlaf who was pushed by Nikita with one hand, I was not sure who this was :) That's why Getzlaf was quiet in the 3rd meeting Tryamkin in the corner...

8 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Okay so that was Getzlaf who was pushed by Nikita with one hand, I was not sure who this was :) That's why Getzlaf was quiet in the 3rd meeting Tryamkin in the corner...

Tryamkin is such a great addition to this team ..brings that bang factor we havent had for years....the ceiling for this guy is sky high...but I also want to see Pedan make the team as well..I really like this kid...he brings the pugilistic presence...but I have a feeling he isnt high on WDs list right now...only played about 3 shifts in the 2nd and 3rd...could be because they went to 3 lines with the injuries and of course he was playing forwrd. He might not be quite ready yet.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Courtesy of Tony:

26088538812_906a6122c3_o.gif

Does it not look like he's starting to enjoy this?

Here's the entire sequence:

The refs all like "offside? no that was a good hit, do you need anything a sandwich, some vodka.. Please don't do anything to make me call a penalty on you. Actually never mind do whatever you want" 

Tryamkin be all "you saw that right.  It was OK?"

How long till some GM whines and the NHL starts calling penalties on him everytime some player bounces off him...:lol:

Anyone remember back when Bertuzzi would be in front of the net during a PP - push off the dman to get free then score a goal?

That worked for a few games and if I remember right, there was whining from opponents and Bert got called for that everytime after.

28 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Tryamkin is such a great addition to this team ..brings that bang factor we havent had for years....the ceiling for this guy is sky high...but I also want to see Pedan make the team as well..I really like this kid...he brings the pugilistic presence...but I have a feeling he isnt high on WDs list right now...only played about 3 shifts in the 2nd and 3rd...could be because they went to 3 lines with the injuries and of course he was playing forwrd. He might not be quite ready yet.

Indeed.  WD's handling of Pedan is my one concern in this situation too.  I get it that he isn't totally reliable with the puck but that's partly a confidence thing and no less true of Weber and Bartkowski.  Sitting him out sometimes so he can observe and learn is fine, but it's happened a bit too much for that to be the reason.  I think WD actually prefers Bartkowski and Weber, which is totally unacceptable.  It's huge that we're turning the physical tide against the California teams.  The results are right there before our eyes and we have to cultivate the players that are making that happen. 

• Upvote 3