The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just now, aqua59 said:

Most of this crowd don't remember the flower. Plus the bonus smoking between periods. I was in awe of this guy. He was my favourite  

A lot of guys smoked darts back then.  Loved Guy's flow too.  I know helmets are necessary, but man I miss the characters no hats created.  That's why I wondered if guys were lids at camp?  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tuesday we get to see him in game action. If he scores we should use big train whistle blasts.  I hope he gets used to all the attention he'll get after every big hit. 

He needs a huge career threatening hit early here. Every one will take notice. I'm not endorsing this but just saying. 

Edited by aqua59

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, aqua59 said:

I heard some one on 1040 mention he'd dropped the weight they asked him to drop and that he was in shape. 

The official height and weight chart from the training camp thread had Guddy at 6'5'' & 220lbs. Pedan 6'5'' & 218 lbs. Tanev now 195lbs.

T88 was 6'7'' and 265lbs.  Just an opinion. But 265 is substantially too high to have either endurance or explosiveness in your legs. Jake is stretching it at 229lbs? But one of the great athletes. Gaunce near perfect at 217lbs. That bodes well for him. Hutton at 207lbs is 20 plus lbs bigger than last year. Which could be good or bad? Tryamkin might squish the odd guy? That's just not good at 267lbs!

u3a9RuS.jpg

15xUJNy.jpg

1 hour ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Green seemed to disagree saying his skating looked great.  He only needs to endure about 15 mins a game so I think he will make life hell for opposing forwards for every minute he is out there.  I look forward to it.  Nobody seems to knock Buffs weight, they just fear him!

I recall speculation weight was one reason Byfuglien, talent and all, he was a casualty of Chicago's system.  And caused drama's in Atlanta & Winnipeg's game plan, even room. Because their best player could not be relied on at the end of games, set a bad example. Until he got in shape the last few years. 

I'm happy to leave the Tryamkin discussion alone. Reserve comment till the second or 3rd week of the season. There are guys that can play with weight. Charles Barley is famous in the NBA, Phil Kessel in hockey.  He is a great athlete who won explosive leg power and vertical jump tests at Pittsburgh's camp last year. But we've also seen him drag his ass when he could not keep up at times, out of puff, in famous highlights. And some guys are just BIG.

I'm super excited about Tryamkin.  Just hoping conditioning is not an issue... 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Kinda concerned this gargantuan behemoth might kill someone..simple hit against the wall. T Rex.

That's the great thing about him and Gud they don't have to go searching for that one big hit. Every hit they line up will hurt, which is good especially against some of these huge forwards nowadays.

ps that huge hit against Pirri last year was actually Tryamkin just finishing his check and pinching him out. Tryamkin's natural momentum made the hit worse for Pirri. Wait till he hits with malice lol.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's the great thing about him and Gud they don't have to go searching for that one big hit. Every hit they line up will hurt, which is good especially against some of these huge forwards nowadays.

25 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin is so massive, he can just force guys to hit him, and they will feel pain.  Just ask Stewart from Aneheim.  :lol:. "Get off Nakita, bug".  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The thing I would like Tryamkin to work on is his holding the puck in at the point. I think Hutton is the best at keeping the pucks in the offensive zone, I think Tryamkin should ask Hutty for a few pointers there.

Hutton is a lot like Gotspierre (sp?) for patiently controlling the puck, while under pressure.  They both look off the opponent, or use subtle shoulder and hand movements.  I would love to see Tryamkin learn that skill.  Plus, stuff will happen so muncher faster here, than in Europe.  

• Upvote 1

^^Tanev is also good at this skill but kind of panics when he does get the puck at the point..whether to pass or shoot.

It reminds me of the guy catching a football on punt returns or kickoffs that moment when you have to make that quickdecision. What to do under pressure when being attacked. 

56 minutes ago, nzan said:

I don't mind that a guy who's listed at 6'-5" and 218lbs is our third biggest defenceman!

I simply cannot see how Tryamkin coming to camp weighing 265 can be seen as positive. Reports were he was taking his summer training seriously and I now question that. Willing to be surprised but not optimistic. I believe he was playing at 235 last spring.