The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

That line alone is probably why I ignored your question. You are another one who seems to think you know what Tryamkin was asked to do.

I can't remember what your question was but I try to ignore Tryamkin and Botchford apologists. You don't come to a place of work and start nit picking what aspects you are prepared to carry out.

I'm confused again. Did you not claim that he was shown video of Pronger and that he supposedly resented watching that video? I'm not assuming anything, I'm simple going by what you said before (knowing that Botch said this). I have no clue what Tryamkin was asked to do. Whatever it was, it wasn't communicated well enough, because otherwise Tryamkin wouldn't be complaining that he wasn't informed properly. The only other possibilities is that either coach or Tryamkin is lying. 

And I didn't say a word about my stance on Botchford. Literally zilch. I said he puts forth his opinion, and that I respect his right to an opinion. I read what he and the multitude of other bloggers write and form my own opinions. 

You can ignore my question. I'll give up. But you did dodge it a couple of times now. I only asked you to clarify on what you meant to say. I'm interested in your opinion. 

47 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

I'm confused again. Did you not claim that he was shown video of Pronger and that he supposedly resented watching that video? I'm not assuming anything, I'm simple going by what you said before (knowing that Botch said this). I have no clue what Tryamkin was asked to do. Whatever it was, it wasn't communicated well enough, because otherwise Tryamkin wouldn't be complaining that he wasn't informed properly. The only other possibilities is that either coach or Tryamkin is lying. 

And I didn't say a word about my stance on Botchford. Literally zilch. I said he puts forth his opinion, and that I respect his right to an opinion. I read what he and the multitude of other bloggers write and form my own opinions. 

You can ignore my question. I'll give up. But you did dodge it a couple of times now. I only asked you to clarify on what you meant to say. I'm interested in your opinion. 

No I don't know what his reaction to the video was, I wasn't there. I only said it should have been positive as Pronger was a legend amongst defenders. 

All I know for sure is WD holds a Bachelor of Education and if he was unable to communicate a message then I would suggest few could.

You read Botchford, thats to your discredit in my book. I'll leave it there.

As for Tryamkin complaining, I have given my opinion of him and I stick to it. He comes over as self entitled and someone who seems to blame everyone but himself for whatever situation he finds himself.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

So Tryamkin comes back in a few seasons then? Could be cool.

Maybe sooner?

IOC bans Russia, KHL responds by banning its players from Olympics, Tryamkin voids his contact, plays for the “brotherhood without banners” team (OAR status), and then returns to Vancouver for 2018-19.

Hey, it could happen. ;) 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe sooner?

IOC bans Russia, KHL responds by banning its players from Olympics, Tryamkin voids his contact, plays for the “brotherhood without banners” team (OAR status), and then returns to Vancouver for 2018-19.

Hey, it could happen. ;) 

Well step one is done. So 4 more to go. Optimism. :P

Sounds promising.

Let him continue to rip up the KHL while we develop the players we have already. By the time he's ready to come back we could be trending upwards and have a bunch of established young NHLers.

If both Tryamkin and Juolevi make our team not too far down the road our future would be pretty set on the left side(LD).

We'd also have the opportunity to make moves to make room for those two(Edler, Hutton, MDZ, etc). That won't happen for a while though and depends on whether or not Tryamkin does come back. Would be a good problem to have.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe sooner?

Hey, it could happen. ;) 

Does this mean the Russians have to take over Latvia to get a IOC sanctioned team to play on? 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe sooner?

Hey, it could happen. ;) 

he's going to be under a lot more scrutiny and criticism this time around though. My personal theory is that it was very hard on him to learn to play at NHL speed, and that f'n Pronger video just blew his mind to the point where he happily quit on the NHL. But clearly he's getting some better advice and see's a retooled coaching staff and some hope for a good team. We'll see. 

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

No I don't know what his reaction to the video was, I wasn't there. I only said it should have been positive as Pronger was a legend amongst defenders. 

All I know for sure is WD holds a Bachelor of Education and if he was unable to communicate a message then I would suggest few could.

As for Tryamkin complaining, I have given my opinion of him and I stick to it. He comes over as self entitled and someone who seems to blame everyone but himself for whatever situation he finds himself.

Sorry to interrupt here but lol. Having a Bachelor’s degree in education doesn’t necessarily make you a great communicator. That’s a huge leap of an assumption to claim that because you have a degree you’re good at something. 

Carry on. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I have a BComm and I can tell you not everyone who graduated could communicate well.

In fact, I'd rather education period not be used as an excuse as to why something can or cannot be done.... :unsure:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Sounds promising.

Let him continue to rip up the KHL while we develop the players we have already. By the time he's ready to come back we could be trending upwards and have a bunch of established young NHLers.

If both Tryamkin and Juolevi make our team not too far down the road our future would be pretty set on the left side(LD).

We'd also have the opportunity to make moves to make room for those two(Edler, Hutton, MDZ, etc). That won't happen for a while though and depends on whether or not Tryamkin does come back. Would be a good problem to have.

Doesn’t Tryamkin play his offside, the right?  

27 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

Sorry to interrupt here but lol. Having a Bachelor’s degree in education doesn’t necessarily make you a great communicator. That’s a huge leap of an assumption to claim that because you have a degree you’re good at something. 

Carry on. 

Education is also not necessarily all-encompassing communication.  No doubt Willie and Lidster helped Nik improve his game - the KHL numbers speak for themselves.  

They could still have had a rocky relationship with the guy leaving him guessing about ice time. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I have a BComm and I can tell you not everyone who graduated could communicate well.

In fact, I'd rather education period not be used as an excuse as to why something can or cannot be done.... :unsure:

So do I. But when I went to school, we learned about business. People who wanted to learn how to teach others got BEds, not BComms. Education is what Willie studied, not Commerce. Your post does not make sense.

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

So do I. But when I went to school, we learned about business. People who wanted to learn how to teach others got BEds, not BComms. Education is what Willie studied, not Commerce. Your post does not make sense.

I think he meant Bachelors of Communications. Not sure if that’s a thing but that’s my assumption. Taking a leap on that, as it were.