The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Trymakin is a enigma like many Russian players he makes no sense sometimes. 

Picture an average sized average NHL defender. IMO Trymakin is as capable NHL player as any without his size. Just imagine Trymakin as 6’2 205 lbs.  To me he is currently about a 5/6 guy if he was average sized. 

He has the skating and defensive awareness with some modest offence potential.  With some time as an average sized player he could maybe become a 3/4 defender.  

Now take that average player and make him 6’8 270lbs.

With that size any contact even incidental is just plain scary for most NHL players.

The added strength increases his shot power.  

He would become a better defender on reach alone. 

That average guy would become a net clearing freak of nature.  

Just by playing to average level of play a guy Trymakins size would be a sought after player in the NHL.  

As a 22 y/o rookie he was already there. IMO he played better than other defenders getting more minutes. 

JB needs to bring him back,

if for anything, to boost his value and trade him for something great. 

Or add his rights to an Edler or Tanev package to boost the return into a great prospect like Foote and conditional 1st pending Trymakins return to the NHL. 

I agree 110%

I would love to have him come back to us.  He’s not only super big, but it’s like he has a giant’s strength too.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tryamkin is 6’8”, right?  He’s a friggin’ HUGE guy.

He will be back in the NHL, but not here.

i say we will trade his rights to an eastern team, like Washington or TBay.  

Why not here?

Is this your opinion or do you know something we dont?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

First Avtomobilist game, Try looks good, fit, couple of nice hits and one nice end to end rush. Looked good on the PK.  Almost out of position once trying for a hit. Huge center ice area to cover. 0to 0 in the 1st. Second period teams traded goals all tied 2-2 Try with one nice poke check all the way around a player to keep the puck in the O zone. Half way through the third Try tries to break the tie pushing the puck over the blue line into a breakaway. Sexton w a PP goal puts Avto up by 2 with 5 minutes left. Avto 4-2

Thats good to hear. However , I am having a tough time beliveing he will ever wear a nucks jersey again to be honest.

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Thats good to hear. However , I am having a tough time beliveing he will ever wear a nucks jersey again to be honest.

I think the KHL will have a tough time to match what he can get paid here. He'd have to be almost the highest paid player in the league there. And I don't see that. Those salaries go to high scoring forwards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

First Avtomobilist game, Try looks good, fit, couple of nice hits and one nice end to end rush. Looked good on the PK.  Almost out of position once trying for a hit. Huge center ice area to cover. 0to 0 in the 1st. Second period teams traded goals all tied 2-2 Try with one nice poke check all the way around a player to keep the puck in the O zone. Half way through the third Try tries to break the tie pushing the puck over the blue line into a breakaway. Sexton w a PP goal puts Avto up by 2 with 5 minutes left. Avto 4-2

Maybe he can convince Golyshev to ditch the Islanders... -_-

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think the KHL will have a tough time to match what he can get paid here. He'd have to be almost the highest paid player in the league there. And I don't see that. Those salaries go to high scoring forwards.

How long until he can sign with another NHL team ? I know his khl contract is 2 more years. 

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

July 1st, 2022. That’s when he’d hit age 27 UFA status (if he wasn’t under an NHL contract).

I believe that CapFriendly have shown that date. For some reason, he is now shown as 'indefinite' ! ..........as is Dmitry Zhukenov.

29 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

I believe that CapFriendly have shown that date. For some reason, he is now shown as 'indefinite' ! ..........as is Dmitry Zhukenov.

Yeah, the details are a little hazy. Due to the lack of a transfer agreement, NHL clubs can hold rights indefinitely on KHL players.

With Tryamkin, it’s his RFA rights that become “indefinite.” However, age 27 UFA status overrides RFA rights, as seen with Dadonov recently (he became an NHL UFA in 2016, although wasn’t signed to an NHL deal until 2017). Dadonov player out his NHL ELC, received a qualifying offer, and then “defected” to the KHL, which meant Carolina (Florida had drafted and signed him but later traded him) owned his rights until July 1st, 2016 (when he turned UFA). 

So Tryamkin should be in the same situation and become a UFA in 2022.

With Zhukenov, we own draft rights until June 1st 2019 (4 years from draft). However, if he were to remain in the KHL past 2019, he’d likely become a “defected player” and our draft rights would extend to indefinite. This is where it gets hazy. We might potentially own his rights forever, or possibly just until he’s 27 (and hits UFA status). There’s some disagreement among sources as to which it might be. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, the details are a little hazy. Due to the lack of a transfer agreement, NHL clubs can hold rights indefinitely on KHL players.

With Tryamkin, it’s his RFA rights that become “indefinite.” However, age 27 UFA status overrides RFA rights, as seen with Dadonov recently (he became an NHL UFA in 2016, although wasn’t signed to an NHL deal until 2017). Dadonov player out his NHL ELC, received a qualifying offer, and then “defected” to the KHL, which meant Carolina (Florida had drafted and signed him but later traded him) owned his rights until July 1st, 2016 (when he turned UFA). 

So Tryamkin should be in the same situation and become a UFA in 2022.

With Zhukenov, we own draft rights until June 1st 2019 (4 years from draft). However, if he were to remain in the KHL past 2019, he’d likely become a “defected player” and our draft rights would extend to indefinite. This is where it gets hazy. We might potentially own his rights forever, or possibly just until he’s 27 (and hits UFA status). There’s some disagreement among sources as to which it might be. 

Interesting 

On 2018-08-30 at 12:32 PM, combover said:

Not really taking about fighting since it’s being phased out,and besides the clowns that run around and agitate rarely fight. But if demko s getting hacked or run I rather have tryamkin “explaining” what going to happen than Hughes. 

He just touched  some guys and they would go crashing into the boards. He’s a big strong player. Him and possibly woo down the road would give demko some piece of mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Yeah exactly. OJ stecher Hughes are going to be able to do that when guys decide to snow shower or give that extra shot nor do we want them too. 

We need some strength on the back end hopefully Woo and tryamkin can offset the smaller guys. 

Id like to include Gud in that group but he’s been a dissapointment (for me anyways) often injured and relatively ineffective haven’t really noticed his size or strength. 

I hope tryamkin will try the nhl again. He’d slot into the top 4 pretty easily next fall. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2