The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

I think your entire argument(s) surrounding WD, can be summed up by what you just said.

'Thanks for coming out'

Travis Green is now coach, and he is a better coach for this team than WD.

Thanks for coming out though.

Thanks for your contribution, it is much appreciated.

I too wish Green every success and I always support the coach in situ. My feeling is that WD showed more than enough to support my theory that he would have done at least as well if not better than Coach Green but that's all water under the bridge now.

There will come a time when the jackals on here and in the media will fall upon Green and I will be there to support him as I was with WD and AV. The reason for this is I think a lot of a coach's success lies in what he is given to work with. Why else would we have coach's like Trotz and Sutter fired only to come back and win the SC?

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Thanks for your contribution, it is much appreciated.

I too wish Green every success and I always support the coach in situ. My feeling is that WD showed more than enough to support my theory that he would have done at least as well if not better than Coach Green but that's all water under the bridge now.

There will come a time when the jackals on here and in the media will fall upon Green and I will be there to support him as I was with WD and AV. The reason for this is I think a lot of a coach's success lies in what he is given to work with. Why else would we have coach's like Trotz and Sutter fired only to come back and win the SC?

Like I said before Stonker, “players win games, and coaches lose games”.  WD, just like a lot of guys before and after him, was causing his team to lose games.  Add to that the entire messing up with Tryamkin, and I see why hire was let go.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, alfstonker said:

That is not what I said and unless you had trouble with reading at school you know it. 

Tryamkin would not have had half the fans on here if it had not been for the extracurricular stuff. i.e. all the stuff he claims he doesn't want to do. :lol:Beiga out scored  Tryamkin in hits by the way.

Go to this thread with your Shananiging, there’s a Poll you might be interested in, in all your futility  :

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

By ChuckNORRIS4Cup,  August 2 in Canucks Talk

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I suspect reading between the lines, WD had twice the strength of character your little pet had.

He was fed $&!# by JB and still managed to stick it out, gaining the playoffs with 101 points in his first year and even in his last year with a pretty poor team compared to the one Green was handed WD was only 4 points behind Green's team.

"Desjardins, who has a masters in social work and an education degree, is a populist coach. “He communicates a lot with the players…everything he says he’s got poise and he’s thought about it. He’s not just saying stuff to say stuff. When he talks everybody listens,” said veteran winger Alex Burrows, who’s had Alain Vigneault and Tortorella as head knocks before this.

Danny Sedin sings the same song as Burrows. “It’s been good so far. He talks to guys and keeps it upbeat,” said Sedin.

Canucks’ feisty winger Derek Dorsett played for Desjardins in Medicine Hat definitely thinks he’s a people person. “He finds the way to get the best out of every player, and he manages the room…one of his best strengths is getting to know each individual. It’s not just a team thing. He respects guy and he’s honest with them,” said Dorsett.

“He is what he is, he’s as advertised. He wants to win. He hates to lose, maybe the most. He’s a pretty focussed guy. Outside noise doesn’t distract him,” said Dorsett."

"By then, he was studying education at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. Since seeding coincided with his spring finals, Desjardins would study on his tractor. He and his dad used to sit side-by-side in the kitchen, before dawn, waiting for the sun to come up. They were so eager to get working, they couldn’t bear to waste a minute of sunlight."

Hopefully he is better at farming.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Pretty much.  If I had to pick, I’d take AV or Green over Willie but if you’re going to use hindsight I don’t see how you can crap too hard on the guy... he was given mission impossible with this club.  It’s just easy jokes for the wannabe Botchford bullies at this point.  

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited by Iggynucks
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Pretty much.  If I had to pick, I’d take AV or Green over Willie but if you’re going to use hindsight I don’t see how you can crap too hard on the guy... he was given mission impossible with this club.  It’s just easy jokes for the wannabe Botchford bullies at this point.  

Also, trying to paint Tryamkin as some kind of martyr/hero is just gross.  As much as I’d love another physical presence on the back end he’s not considering a return until 2020.  Two more years or Russian rust on his NHL game.  

It’s worth a kick on the tires but as the likes of Juolevi, Hughes and Woo start to take over will there even be room for him?  For some reason I thought he was coming back for 2019.  2020 is a loooong ways a way for us and will be a lot more competitive on the back end than 2016 was.

Not disagreeing with you- we do need to stop thinking of Tryamkin- for atleast another 2 years. 

Should our D-corps be a lot more competitive for 2020 ? Yep. 
But Tryamkin is one of the better 'left D who can play the right side' i've seen. He can be potentially an 'upgrage' on Guddy down the road, especially due to his age.

So he may end up in the mix, atleast as fighting for 3LD position/2-3RD position when he returns. 

Yes, the 'Russian rust' can be a bad thing, but it can also give players certain skills due to its nature: such as defencemen passing better and shooting more. He may end up getting 'lazy' and just rely on throwing his weight around like a Pylon in the smaller rink- possible. But at the end of the day, a man with his size + skillset will get a serious look at any NHL club, atleast in terms of PTOs. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Not disagreeing with you- we do need to stop thinking of Tryamkin- for atleast another 2 years. 

Should our D-corps be a lot more competitive for 2020 ? Yep. 
But Tryamkin is one of the better 'left D who can play the right side' i've seen. He can be potentially an 'upgrage' on Guddy down the road, especially due to his age.

So he may end up in the mix, atleast as fighting for 3LD position/2-3RD position when he returns. 

Yes, the 'Russian rust' can be a bad thing, but it can also give players certain skills due to its nature: such as defencemen passing better and shooting more. He may end up getting 'lazy' and just rely on throwing his weight around like a Pylon in the smaller rink- possible. But at the end of the day, a man with his size + skillset will get a serious look at any NHL club, atleast in terms of PTOs. 

Yeah, I’m not completely writing him off - still hope he’s back in 2020. Just a little less bullish on his upside after 3 years abroad.  I do think his offensive game will be much more polished when he returns.

It’s more that I’m worried he’ll come back thinking he’s some offensive dynamo and not want to put in the physical work he needs to really dominate the NHL.  I think even then he’s a reasonable 4-5 guy.  Just not the 1st pairing behemoth I hoped he’d be unless he comes back willing to continue working on his game.

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Like I said before Stonker, “players win games, and coaches lose games”.  WD, just like a lot of guys before and after him, was causing his team to lose games.  Add to that the entire messing up with Tryamkin, and I see why hire was let go.  

You got that wrong again Alf. Granted it sounds good but under scrutiny it is just more BS imo.

Good coaches with good players win games, good coaches with poor/inadiquate players lose games. I can't believe you have watched hockey for as long as you apparently have and haven't worked that out.

If you can seriously look at Willie's roster in years 2 and 3 and think any coach could have done better then don't become a scout.:P

On 14/08/2018 at 1:14 AM, SilentSam said:

Tryamkin is good enough for the NHL...  Desjardins isn’t.

straight up Elvis.

The ONLY reason Tryamkin is/was good enough for the NHL; and "starred" in the KHL when he went back was through the effort the coaches here put in on him. I am not saying that was down to WD, more likely Lidster but I'm sure WD would have some input (he did with Stecher)

So try to look at your hatred of the man as something which should embarrass you instead of mouthing off on here all the time making excuses for a player who didn't want to be here and likely never will come back.

Thankfully we are moving on and I doubt there will be a spot for him soon, I hope you can live with that.

Edited by alfstonker

25 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

The ONLY reason Tryamkin is/was good enough for the NHL; and "starred" in the KHL when he went back was through the effort the coaches here put in on him. I am not saying that was down to WD, more likely Lidster but I'm sure WD would have some input (he did with Stecher)

So try to look at your hatred of the man as something which should embarrass you instead of mouthing off on here all the time making excuses for a player who didn't want to be here and likely never will come back.

Thankfully we are moving on and I doubt there will be a spot for him soon, I hope you can live with that.

The ONLY reason? Where are you even getting that from?  

Speaking of looking past the hatred, you should try the same.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pepe Silvia said:

The ONLY reason? Where are you even getting that from?  

Speaking of looking past the hatred, you should try the same.

I would rather you tried a rebuttal but obviously that is not in your repertoire.

Where in my posts are there indications of hatred towards Tryamkin? Are we not allowed constructive criticism?

Edited by alfstonker

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You mean, the multiple reports where he has been directly quoted as to pondering playing for the Canucks after his contract in Russia is up?

Please tell us more oh wise one. You clearly have intimate details that not many here are privy to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

You mean, the multiple reports where he has been directly quoted as to pondering playing for the Canucks after his contract in Russia is up?

Please tell us more oh wise one. You clearly have intimate details that not many here are privy to.

What has he said that indicated he WILL come back? 

8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I would rather you tried a rebuttal but obviously that is not in your repertoire.

Where in my posts are there indications of hatred towards Tryamkin? Are we not allowed constructive criticism?

Why do I need a rebuttal? You're making ridiculous claims, I want to know how you're drawing these conclusions.

• Cheers 1

Why is nobody asking Mrs Tryamkin what she thinks ? There's a 50 / 50 chance that she was the catalyst for this return to Russia. Where does she stand today ?

Secondly, NT's agent has to realise that this move has damaged his bargaining power and earning power. Not just with the Canucks, so it's damage control time. For this reason, I take all the 'pro Canuck' rumours with a dose of salt. I hope that these rumours are true, but we don't KNOW that they are.

Edited by SingleThorn
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

What has he said that indicated he WILL come back? 

There is nothing to say that he WILL come back, I said he has been considering coming back once his contract is up in Russia. He has been vocal about that much. And it has been noted several times in this thread.

Yet here you are, stating 'he likely will never come back'.

Please show proof of him stating he is considering never coming back, or not coming back at all.

At the very least it'll back up some of the drivel you've been peddling for ages about him. 

• Upvote 1