The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

30 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Quote from Wikipedia 

Tryamkin made the Canucks 2016–17 season-opening roster[5] but was unable to draw into the lineup. The Canucks reportedly attempted to send him to their AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets, but Tryamkin declined – using his contract option in forcing them to keep him on their roster or allow him to return to Russia. Tryamkin eventually made his season debut on 3 November, after being a healthy scratch in the team's first 10 games of the season. Tryamkin remained in the defense corps for the remainder of the season, appearing in 66 games for 2 goals and 9 points.[6]

Unhappy with his role and ice-time within the Canucks blueline, as a restricted free agent, on April 20, 2017 it was announced that Tryamkin was returning to Russia to play for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg.[7]

I call this quitting the team, thats my opinion, like my arsehole I'm entitled to it. 

IMHO trade his rights to a USA east team and be done.

GO Canucks go 

No you asked if I was pulling things out of my “Arse” .. was your first post to me, over an opinion, really directed for someone else whom I agreed to disagree with.

Cheers.

as a “matter of fact” (again) ,

your wiki quest for truth, proves he did what he was contractually obligated to do.

Easy to disagree with.

Its not “quitting”, but in your road game, keep your rules by all means.

Im stating a matter of fact on this topic,

your not, and you can’t substantiate that, yet you bolster my fact in the process.

I beleive many other players in the league have a NO AHL clause.

EP40’s is like that..  some would rather just go home to their native land to work on their craft.  It what most North American players do, no need to discriminate. It actually lessens the player/time load on players in development there.

I get your defensive “dig” , “trade him”

still your opinion.   Oh and yes, something I can finally agree with you on.

. “ like your arsehole”..

as you stated, you can do whatever you want with it.

Cheers.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

@Honky Cat and @AbrasiveAjax,

just thought I’d take a selfie of myself to share with you,.  

Time to reveal, who I am, and who you are struggling to find fair facts for your opinions.

No offence.. but the game has evolved, like a few other things in life.

FA5DCDDD-68AC-494C-A94A-18EEFEA23155.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I'd expect him to be on PK 2 when he gets here next year.

Still doesn't make him more than a likely '3rd pair' level D. But I'm also unclear why that's a 'problem'? :lol:

I see absolutely no reason why he couldn’t step into that kind of role (3rd pair, PK2), just based off what he showed his last season here.

If he has truly upped his conditioning, matured mentally, and improved his overall play during his KHL time, he could offer a lot more. Especially if he becomes a good partner to one of our higher upside, young Dmen (like a Hughes, OJ, Rathbone, etc). With the right pairing, I could easily see Tryamkin eventually moving into a role where he’s getting top-4 usage at 5v5, plus significant PK time, and playing around 20 (or possibly more) minutes per game.

But even if he only ends up getting 15-16 minutes 5v5TOI/GP, and maybe another 2 minutes or so on PK, that’s still a useful player. Well worth the rumoured asking price, salary wise, and still adding some extra “intangible” value, just by being huge, and willing to mix it up, when the situation demands (or just whenever he feels like ragdolling an entire opposition lineup ;)).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Time to reveal, who I am, and who you are struggling to find fair facts for your opinions.

Opinions don't need Facts. You either accept someone else's or you post pictures of Space Monkeys

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Abrasive, its time to get over it. The guy didn't like Willie and Lidster, and I can't blame him.

Nothing to get over, and Jimmy for the record, I was a huge fan of NIkita Tryamkin, really thought he had tons of potential, like his game. But that said.........

IMHO trade him out east and be done.

No facts, just my opinion on the matter.

Cheers

Go Canucks

39 minutes ago, Amaneey said:

Or maybe he felt it was better for his future hockey career and development if he played more minutes in all situations? And by most accounts he has done pretty well playing in the KHL and gaining valuable experience.

I don't count it as "quitting on the team", He still seems to be interested in playing for the Canucks, his IG pic is him in a Canucks uniform!! That doesn't sound like he doesn't want to be part of the team.

Not sure how he's going to pan out and adjust to the NHL, but I enjoyed watching him play for the Canucks before and I will be rooting for him if he re-signs.

Judging by his agents comments, it does sound like he 'quit' on the team..Why is his maturity level being brought up all the time?

"But what is interesting to note about Diamond’s comments is that the Tryamkin camp appears to be taking significant ownership regarding the previous fallout with the Canucks.
The 26-year-old is married and has a child now. He’s more mature, Diamond says, with a much bigger commitment to fitness.
“It’s a different person from the guy who left Vancouver four years ago,” said Diamond. “He’s made a commitment to being in shape, to being the best pro he can be, to having a good diet. He’s slimmed down significantly since then. He really is all in.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Even with Willie D, Tryamkin was our 4th most used PK defenseman by TOI (and 5th by TOI/GP) in 2016-17. And his results were right in line with what the other veteran PK Ds were getting that season in Vancouver.

He didn’t really look out of place by my eye test either.

Of course, hopefully the team (and defence) is better now, but I expect Tryamkin is too.  

I'd be more than happy if NT could pull that off if/when he returns..

My main argument was with posters claiming that KHL success is a forecaster of NHL success.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Opinions don't need Facts. You either accept someone else's or you post pictures of Space Monkeys

“AS A MATTER OF FACT” Isn’t that what you were first trying to call me out on?  Lol.

There are some confused people in the world these days,  swipe left.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Nothing to get over, and Jimmy for the record, I was a huge fan of NIkita Tryamkin, really thought he had tons of potential, like his game. But that said.........

IMHO trade him out east and be done.

No facts, just my opinion on the matter.

Cheers

Go Canucks

Fair enough. Space monkeys sounds neat tho.

I just don't think the circumstances of his leaving amount to trading him away as if he's a problem tho. What are we going to get back? a 4th? 5th? in a wonky draft season? 

Or say a team offers a 2nd or a good prospect... wouldn't that indicate to keep him?

Just don't see trade as a viable option. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

My main argument was with posters claiming that KHL success is a forecaster of NHL success.

I think that comparison is something you are eluding to ,.   most here have been watching his game, and garnering an opinion on how it would translate in the NHL.

mine is this:

He played very well in his first season with us against seasoned power forwards as a rookie 21 year old.

In his time back in the KHL , all of those attributes have quantified, there has been no regression. The team he has played with has been weak, but in that, opportunities rose for Tryamkin to develop more and to realize he needs to be playing on a better team , in a better League, for his game to be the best it can be as a player to get to his full potential, and as a team mate where all contribute.

pretty sure he is a top 4 pairing D man after one more full season or less ,in the NHL with us if given that opportunity.

11 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

BINGO point well made many times. You know how some folks just need to have the last word.......

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Juolevi has a higher ceiling because of his smarts, ability to read plays, make passes, move the puck forward, slow the play down etc. I'm by no means offering some guarantee that he will reach that ceiling but he definitely has it. Those are qualities that make top 4 D. 

Tryamkin on the other hand isn't well known for those things. He's solid defensively and has tremendous size, which is a very positive asset that I'm excited to get back! He showed he was capable of playing bottom pair last time he was here and has refined the skills that should allow him to continue to play well there moving forward. But I have seen nothing to suggest he's suddenly become a sublime passing, play reading, two way D that would certainly push his ceiling towards top 4, if he did.

There's nothing wrong with Tryamkin 'just' being a solid, defensive/PK D with good skating for his size and being an imposing physical presence. It's just not likely as a top 4 guy IMO. Happy to be proved wrong though!

I totally agreed with your comments until the end....lol

I agree on all the other things......but...........always a but

Just as Hughes is all offense and a #1

Could Tryamkin be all defense and a #4, just as he is now?

I think so...........although we would be arguing semantics, so I like will wait until he is here and had time to adjust.

God, with all the noise I am making about him, I sure hope I am right! LOL 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think its more that you need to be very cautious when using KHL success to project It on to the NHL. So I'd prefer to forget about projections up the lineup and just try to look at what we can say is there objectively. 

So to me, my expectation is a guy that can step into the #6 right side role, 5 on 5 and PK duty, 17-18 mins per night, with some unique physical gifts. More than that, and we're laughing. 

But, But, but Jimmy.......what you described is not a #6 Dman........its a 4/5

I sure hope we are laughing, Jimmy, I sure hope so!

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I totally agreed with your comments until the end....lol

I agree on all the other things......but...........always a but

Just as Hughes is all offense and a #1

Could Tryamkin be all defense and a #4, just as he is now?

I think so...........although we would be arguing semantics, so I like will wait until he is here and had time to adjust.

God, with all the noise I am making about him, I sure hope I am right! LOL 

#4 is likely his max ceiling. I think he's likely bottom pair #5-6, with a chance at being a #4-5.

Juolevi is likely an eventual #3-4 but still has a #2-3 ceiling.

4 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

I like Tryamkin too.

What we do know, is that the KHL is an inferior league. Marcus Granlund and Linden Vey are stars in that league.This has to be taken into account.

When Tryamkin left the team, the D was fairly weak, thats not the case now. He does not play on special teams, and that alone would not make him a top 4 D man.

Pretty sure he plays PK and some PP............I could be wrong about the PP, though..........

Honestly, and I think everyone is just getting sick and tired of the Drama around Tryamkin.......both for and against

Just bring him in, trade him, or don't sign him...............but JB better be ready for the backlash which ever way he goes

The worse would be if he did not sign him and he signed with someone else and was successful.........

So, I imagine we will see him here.............under what circumstances............I have not a clue???????

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

#4 is likely his max ceiling. I think he's likely bottom pair #5-6, with a chance at being a #4-5.

Juolevi is likely an eventual #3-4 but still has a #2-3 ceiling.

Hmmmmm??????

I think the lines have blurred a little towards a 3, 4, and 5

More so a 4 and 5.............

I guess at the end of the day.....I could care less what his number is and more of what his impact is......

I think that is what's important.......

Then again, I don't think Hughes is a Number 1, not yet anyways..............

I have read some say he is generational...............not me

IMO........Tryamkin may be more generational in a weird kind of way

Edited by janisahockeynut

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

The secret is out...SilentSam is Elon Musk.

• Haha 1