The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

This year his net KHL salary. after Federal, Oblast and Ekaterinburg city taxes, would have been around US $815,000 to $840,000.

To break even with Canadian Federal, Provincial and City taxes, the Owners' salary clawback and Escrow, the gross would have to be somewhere around US $2.9 and $3.4 million.  If his agent is worth his commission, he'll start by asking $3.75 or thereabouts. Maybe less for longer term

Were not getting him for $1.5 to $2 million

So much for my Big City Idea then..

Star Wars Baseball GIF

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, this is likely more about long term earning potential than what he gets paid here next year vs KHL. And I'm sure both he and his agent realize that.

He's not going to get more than $1.5-$2.5m here coming back IMO. But this is also why I'd be shocked to see anything longer than a 2 year term initially. Take a couple year term at bottom pair dollars and attempt to earn both a higher position on the roster and the corresponding higher (UFA years) salary in those two years.

JB seems ambivalent about T; like he's not terribly interested in him anymore.  With the teams' salary cap and the big signings for the upcoming season, I don't think he goes over 2-2.5m X 2yrs.  He might even try to trade T's right to move Jake (Boston).

That would be a shame though.  I think a lot of fans are looking forward to seeing the big man back on the ice in Vancouver.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Googlie said:

This year his net KHL salary. after Federal, Oblast and Ekaterinburg city taxes, would have been around US $815,000 to $840,000.

To break even with Canadian Federal, Provincial and City taxes, the Owners' salary clawback and Escrow, the gross would have to be somewhere around US $2.9 and $3.4 million.  If his agent is worth his commission, he'll start by asking $3.75 or thereabouts. Maybe less for longer term

Were not getting him for $1.5 to $2 million

(Does anyone know if Canadian based players pay US Federal and State taxes based on prorated games? e.g. if Edler plays 41 games in Canada and 41 in the US, does he pay US Federal taxes on $3 million?  And if, say, 6 games were in California, does he owe State taxes on 6/41 of that $3 million, and so on for each state?   Or would he file an 8840, claiming a closer connection to another country?)

Dang if this is really the case and he expects north of 3m I can see why no deal has been made or will be for that matter. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Dang if this is really the case and he expects north of 3m I can see why no deal has been made or will be for that matter. 

I’m sure someone can answer this...is there anybody playing in the K that you would pay 3.75m+ to come over? Must be a couple of guys but for me Tree is not that guy. If his agent wants anywhere near that I trade his rights.

43 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

JB seems ambivalent about T; like he's not terribly interested in him anymore.  With the teams' salary cap and the big signings for the upcoming season, I don't think he goes over 2-2.5m X 2yrs.  He might even try to trade T's right to move Jake (Boston).

That would be a shame though.  I think a lot of fans are looking forward to seeing the big man back on the ice in Vancouver.

Based on what exactly?

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I have to say , this is contrary to everything I’ve heard come out of JB’ mouth over the past 4 years.

He has always left a door open for Tryamkins return.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Somebody posted a JB comment that hinted he had 'moved on' from Tryamkin.  It was several days ago. I'll see if I can find it. 

Careful of your sources,.  Twitter is the worst.

Googling can almost guarantee a video, or documented report on quotes from management or organizational heads.

Craig Button was recently on Donnie and Dhali saying that there is no way the Canucks should move to sign Tryamkin in the short run.  He feels Nik is a depth defenseman and does not have the talent to play top 4 minutes.  He says better players will become available this summer due to cap issues the expansion draft and free agency creating opportunities. He feels the Canucks should wait and they will get a better player than Nik.

I was surprised to hear him saying this.  Not sure if he is right.  But he was absolutely clear on his opinion. No ambiguity at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Careful of your sources,.  Twitter is the worst.

Googling can almost guarantee a video, or documented report on quotes from management or organizational heads.

I don't do twitter, but I'm certain it was on this forum.  I went back to pg 700 and didn't find it though.  That's as much time as I want to spend on it. 

It was a mistake to post my comment without the quote. 

Oh well...back to planting my garden.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

Regardless what Button thinks, feels and says, you sign Tryamkin. If a better player becomes available, great. But at least he's signed, has the opportunity to prove himself, and/or, to be traded. You simply don't toss aside an asset like him based on what Button thinks.

The point of my post was not so much whether Tryamkin should be signed but that Button thinks he is not good enough to be a top 4 guy.  He sees him as a depth defenseman and he says the Canucks can't waste roster spots on guys like that - they need difference makers. (His words).

I am not saying I agree with him.  It was just a very clear take that he does not see Tryamkin as more than a depth 5 to 7 in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I'm well aware of what you meant. And I'm saying who cares what Button thinks. Sign Tryamkin. That's all. No knock on you. 

No knock on you but if Button is actually right and Tryamkin is over hyped by this market and in reality is only a 5 to 7 guy, then what do you sign him for?  Just saying "sign him" is ok - if the price is reasonable.  But I'd guess Tryamkin wants more than 700k to 1.25m which is what 5 to 7 guys are getting paid right now.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

No knock on you but if Button is actually right and Tryamkin is over hyped by this market and in reality is only a 5 to 7 guy, then what do you sign him for?  Just saying "sign him" is ok - if the price is reasonable.  But I'd guess Tryamkin wants more than 700k to 1.25m which is what 5 to 7 guys are getting paid right now.

We could easily get some other gm to take a chance on him if we have to, there really isnt much risk in signing him

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

incorrect.