The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Burrows' Said No To Waiving NTC

I am not certain that he won't eventually get waived if he doesn't agree to get traded.... he will lose control over his destination entirely at that point.

There was a rumour before the draft that another Canucks was asked to waive NTC, and the player was possibly Burrows.

Hopefully get get Vbrata and beat out Montreal who then wants to trade for Burrows (I can't imagine he would turn down that chance).

bleh, give burrows one more year to prove himself at least IMO, he's 2 seasons ago he had 30+ goals, and all of the canucks had a worse season this year.

at 4.5 if he nets in 15-20 goals he's well worth it especially with everything else he does for the team (PK, strong defensively, forechecking)

It's good that Benning is trying to clear up the mess that is MG's NTC for basically everyone that was on the 2011 Stanley cup final team. As far as Burrows goes i think he will score 20 next year, but as someone else said he is a roadblock for developing young players by taking up a top 6 slot.

Anyways i hope Benning can get rid of at least one more NTC as we have to many.

The years of being severely underpaid probably makes up for the contract. It's too early to give up on Burrows. He could be back to a 25 - 30 goal scorer next year.

or he could end up being a $4.5M 4th liner. The true effect of Gillis's mis-management of contracts is staring to hit. This team has enough pieces and youth to do a quick turn around and be competitive, but if the under-performing core with NTCs refuse to cooperate, it will be a long and painful process to weed them out.

Yes. Please get rid of him. He's one of my fav players but he's aging and he knows that and we know that. We need to give our youngsters a crack or trade him in a package for a goal scoring winger.

We really can't take bets if he will "rebound" next year or not. I think its for the better of this team moving forward. And if Linden and Benning expects us to make the playoffs next year with the "right moves", then Burrows would be one of those "right moves"

I would rather have Kassian and Jensen playing in the top 6 rather than Burrows. If we want our young guys to improve, they need to play more minutes over some of the veterans. Playing alongside of the twins could do wonders for Kassian and Jensen.

Burrows would be excellent on the third line, but that contract and the fact that he is likely on the decline is a major turn off.

Burr had one terrible, injury plagued season and everyone says he's not worth it. I expect another 20+ goal season or two out of him.

- Just about every player 30+ declines each season thereafter.

- Every Canuck had a terrible year.

- Look at some of the signings this offseason. Gritty, PP/PK, depth and character guys are getting monster contracts. The fact Burr only has 3 years @ 4.5 left is a blessing. It comes as no surprise that people were interested.

This makes me think they wanted to keep Kes instead. Which makes sense comparing the two as players. But when you factor in everything Kes' trade told us about his character, I'd rather have Burr.

I don't think this was because JB doesn't think he will be worth the cash. It was probably an attempt to make us serious contenders "now", so that Kes would stay.

Burrows was a great player but I think age and injury are really getting to him. Keep him for one more season and see if he has a bounce back.

I can't believe we have 9 NTCs (Why in ******* ***** **** did we sign Miller to a modified NTC?)

Archived