The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Gaunce and Horvat make the team

Dal Colle

Gaunce and Horvat making the team  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion both Horvat and Gaunce should spend more of their time in the minors. They should be able to solidify themselves a chance to make the club next year if they can prove that they can be point a game players in the minors. I chose maybe because they can really be impressing coach d over there especially when he likes those who score a bunch. Gaunce is a maybe because I think that he can polish his game a bit more in the minors. Horvat probably has the best chance between them two that can make the team. He produced like 73 points in 67 games with the Knights and had 13 points or something in the OHL playoffs.

Gaunce has a chance but most likely to Utica.

Horvat, I'd say no but it really looks like he doesn't want to go back to junior again so maybe he will play his ass off in the training camp to make the team (at least to get 9 games)

Gaunce has a chance but most likely to Utica.

Horvat, I'd say no but it really looks like he doesn't want to go back to junior again so maybe he will play his ass off in the training camp to make the team (at least to get 9 games)

Whether he wants to go back or not, if he isn't ready for the NHL then tough luck for him. He's going to have to play yet another season in the OHL just because of his age. I think he shouldn't rush himself. If we hadn't acquried Vey, he would have had a bit more chance cracking the roster. But now, with the acquirement of Vey, I think it's only fair that Vey gets a shot. I mean he did show and prove to LA he is ready for the roster spot but their team is already stacked, there was simply no room. In fact, out of all the prospects we have, Jensen, and Vey are the ones that have really proved themselves that they deserve a roster spot hands down. Of course maybe one of the other prospects like Gaunce/Shinkaruk/Horvat may crack the roster if they have a really good training camp. But I think Jensen and Vey are the front runners.

I think they both might play on opening night, but I also think Horvat will be sent back and Gaunce sent down.

I think they'll give Horvat his cup of coffee before sending him back to Jr. I could see Gaunce on the opening night roster if someone gets hurt in training camp/pre-season. Otherwise, he's in Utica.

I voted no.

Defensively I think this team is set with it's veterans and the few NHL ready guys that Benning has brought in.

Those being Vey, Bonino, and Dorsett who will all be regulars this year.

Horvat and Gaunce are both destined to be defensive minded guys and don't need them yet. That's a good thing.

If someone is going to make the team this year out of nowhere, it's going to be someone who can score. By score I mean really light it up offensively.

Fox?

Is Jensen ready?

I'm fully prepared for no rookies to make the team. Not a one aside from Vey who is pretty much guaranteed a spot because we won't waive him.

If anyone does....great.

But it's unlikely considering our roster unless it's a banger like Archibald.

Sedins-Vrbata

Burr-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey-Hansen

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Weber

Stanton

Miller

Lack

That leaves one spot that will likely go to Sanguinetti or a camp invite to a veteran.

Hey if any rookie steals a spot then all the more power to them. I think part of the benefit of having so many guys with potential to move up is that it challenges everyone to bring their best every time they hit the ice. Be it Horvat, Gaunce or Jensen, if they can beat someone and earn their spot then good for them.

I'm fully prepared for no rookies to make the team. Not a one aside from Vey who is pretty much guaranteed a spot because we won't waive him.

If anyone does....great.

Sedins-Vrbata

Burr-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey-Hansen

Sestito

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Weber

Stanton

Miller

Lack

That leaves one spot that will likely go to Sanguinetti or a camp invite to a veteran.

yup this is what i think the roster will look like too.

However, if Horvat or Gaunce have a spectacular training camp/pre-season, Benning will be forced to make a move and trade a veteran like Richardson, Matthias or Hansen. If Horvat really impresses during preseason, a veteran may be scratched for 10 games to see if he is ready.....then Benning could decide whether to trade a veteran or just send Horvat back to the OHL.

If anyone does....great.

Sedins-Vrbata

Burr-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey-Hansen

Sestito

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Weber

Stanton

Miller

Lack

I agree but also disagree

I think Benning has taken the safe route ensuring come camp he has 0 need to rush somebody if their not ready but i would say Jensen and probably Gaunce(farther ahead in development imo) will make very good cases with Horvat not far behind

Will be an interesting camp

Archived