The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

So, all particles are actually waves....so any object could pass through.......diffraction pattern.....if its the same size...

I'm gonna go run really fast at a fence with tiny, tiny slits and see if I make it....

...should I be looking at the fence or no?.

Pretty much an error in simulation. We probably living in some 8-year-olds Sims game.

Edited by J-23
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

So, all particles are actually waves....so any object could pass through.......diffraction pattern.....if its the same size...

I'm gonna go run really fast at a fence with tiny, tiny slits and see if I make it....

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

there is no spoon

• Haha 2

I confess ~

I got freaked out by a bug in my apartment.  The cat was looking down staring at something, and I cam over and looked down, and there was this wood type bug or something, and I grabbed a paper towel, and picked it up, and I could feel it, and I put it in the toilet, and it swam around, and I flushed the toilet.  Now I am watching the cat to see if she sees anymore of those bugs.  I think I saw another one last week, but that could have been a spider near the door, and I flushed that down the toilet too.  It's too late now to be vacuuming.  I must do that tomorrow.  

14 hours ago, brilac said:

there was this wood type bug or something

I'm gonna guess Silverfish.

Can be annoying  but they aren't harmful. However they can eat your things, paper etc...

Put your books and stored clothes in some plastic bins if you are concerned, vacuum like you mentioned, and look at putting down some 'Diatomaceous earth'.  You can find it at places like Home Depot. Sprinkle this stuff where you see them, along your baseboards and in any cracks. It will kill the pests by dehydrating them when they walk through it.

It's completely safe, no toxic, so will not harm you or your kitty.

If it is Silverfish, I wouldn't be surprised if you see one now and again stuck in the toilet. They are looking for water.

18 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Can be annoying  but they aren't harmful. However they can eat your things, paper etc...

Put your books and stored clothes in some plastic bins if you are concerned, vacuum like you mentioned, and look at putting down some 'Diatomaceous earth'.  You can find it at places like Home Depot. Sprinkle this stuff where you see them, along your baseboards and in any cracks. It will kill the pests by dehydrating them when they walk through it.

If it is Silverfish, I wouldn't be surprised if you see one now and again stuck in the toilet. They are looking for water.

I &^@#ing hate silverfish. They invaded my basement a few years ago, we cleaned the whole thing top to bottom, then sticky traps and diamaceous earth, vacuumed once a week and that seemed to do the trick until they showed up again a few months later. I felt like burning my house down.

I just leave a few sticky traps around and have allowed a few big ass spiders to take up residence in the basement. Seems to be working.

32 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I &^@#ing hate silverfish. They invaded my basement a few years ago, we cleaned the whole thing top to bottom, then sticky traps and diamaceous earth, vacuumed once a week and that seemed to do the trick until they showed up again a few months later. I felt like burning my house down.

I just leave a few sticky traps around and have allowed a few big ass spiders to take up residence in the basement. Seems to be working.

There's not a ton you can do, but over time you can greatly reduce the population. I lived in top floor of a triplex fro a while. I sealed up everywhere I could...like everywhere, I got so good with caulking guns! Put everything in storage into plastic totes. hardly saw any over time. This was quite an accomplishment as my downstairs neighbours were kinda hoarder-ish which is where I believe these little jerks came from in the first place. 

They are resilient, can go for a year without food and basically can eat anything. 

On 5/29/2019 at 11:51 PM, brilac said:

I confess ~

I got freaked out by a bug in my apartment.  The cat was looking down staring at something, and I cam over and looked down, and there was this wood type bug or something, and I grabbed a paper towel, and picked it up, and I could feel it, and I put it in the toilet, and it swam around, and I flushed the toilet.  Now I am watching the cat to see if she sees anymore of those bugs.  I think I saw another one last week, but that could have been a spider near the door, and I flushed that down the toilet too.  It's too late now to be vacuuming.  I must do that tomorrow.  

I feel your bug fear here but at least your cat sort did something by staring at it. And didnt do a  pathetic kitty fail like Discord did.

A few nights ago I walked into the kitchen and there was a HUGE spider (okay it was a daddy long legs) and I was like NOPE so I grabbed our kitty Discord and dropped him in front of the spider and ran out of the kitchen. Do you think that cat would go into spider mode, nope, he followed me meowing for his supper. Meanwhile I am screaming at him to eat the spider.  

Edited by AppleJack
  • Upvote 1
On 5/29/2019 at 11:51 PM, brilac said:

I confess ~

On 5/30/2019 at 2:33 PM, bishopshodan said:

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well the difference between a wood bug and a silverfish is going to be speed, silverfish=McDavid, wood bug=Lucic.   I am guessing wood bug because you shouldn't feel a silverfish after you pick it up, they are brittle like paper.  A wood bug however can take some pressure, they don't swim but they do live under water for a few minutes.  Also think they're not suppose to be eaten so your cat won't touch it.  I learned that on Survivorman, if you see little bugs that are slow and move around without a care in the world it usually means they're likely poisonous or not safe to eat, that's why other animals wont touch them.  

I had a silverfish problem as well, it actually turned into an infestation.  Once I saw them in my utensil drawer it was time to call the Orkin Man.  We get them in our sauna and one time I was lying down and one was on the ceiling, #$%^er got right over top of me and I thought he's gonna fall on my head and sure enough that bastard tried but I matrix'd out of the way in time.  

4 hours ago, AppleJack said:

I feel your bug fear here but at least your cat sort did something by staring at it. And didnt do a  pathetic kitty fail like Discord did.

A few nights ago I walked into the kitchen and there was a HUGE spider (okay it was a daddy long legs) and I was like NOPE so I grabbed our kitty Discord and dropped him in front of the spider and ran out of the kitchen. Do you think that cat would go into spider mode, nope, he followed me meowing for his supper. Meanwhile I am screaming at him to eat the spider.  

I hate moths and saw the second coming of Mothra in my bathroom.  So I got my cat and she batted it against the wall, made this gigantic smear of moth guts and then ate it, it was disgusting lol.  She also brought a dead bat into my room, ate countless spiders, birds, moles, and even slayed a gigantic butterfly, she was ruthless.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Ever since I concussed myself (on our stupid freezer door) last summer I have had post concussion syndrome issues anytime I (or something ) hits my head or face. I am taking even small things like say your cat hitting you in the face with a paw and boom instant headache and nausea. 

Yesterday morning I woke up with a slight headache and feeling flushed (which I thought was the heat- maybe it is??)

I cleaned all mornin yesterday and then as I was putting the vaccume cord away....BOOM ... the edge of the cord smacks me right in the face near my eye/forehead area. Instant neck pain (which is still bothering me), slight headache and then later flushed skin and nausea again. All day yesterday I was worried that post concussion was showing its ugliness but now as i lay here at 6am feeling like total crap I think I just have the flu. 

You see one of the little people I work with was sick during the week. I had felt yucky Friday night and Saturday morning but just assumed it was the heat.. I took cold medicine and felt okay till the vaccume cord incident. It wasnt till this moment I remembered I was near a sick person. So yeah screw you post concussion syndrome I'm just sick.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:02 AM, AppleJack said:

Ever since I concussed myself (on our stupid freezer door) last summer I have had post concussion syndrome issues anytime I (or something ) hits my head or face. I am taking even small things like say your cat hitting you in the face with a paw and boom instant headache and nausea. 

Yesterday morning I woke up with a slight headache and feeling flushed (which I thought was the heat- maybe it is??)

I cleaned all mornin yesterday and then as I was putting the vaccume cord away....BOOM ... the edge of the cord smacks me right in the face near my eye/forehead area. Instant neck pain (which is still bothering me), slight headache and then later flushed skin and nausea again. All day yesterday I was worried that post concussion was showing its ugliness but now as i lay here at 6am feeling like total crap I think I just have the flu. 

You see one of the little people I work with was sick during the week. I had felt yucky Friday night and Saturday morning but just assumed it was the heat.. I took cold medicine and felt okay till the vaccume cord incident. It wasnt till this moment I remembered I was near a sick person. So yeah screw you post concussion syndrome I'm just sick.

Head trauma/concussions are the worst. I have had a lot of blows to the head in my days- and I'm lucky that my brain seems to have recovered pretty well.

The worst one took me maybe 9-12 months before I felt totally back to normal and typical 112; but before it got better, it was like I was living with some sort of barrier between myself and the outside world. I had nothing of interest to say in conversation when usually I'll chat your head off. I was just blanking on everything, man.

Scary stuff- wish I could suck all your pain out like that guy from the green mile.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand our immigration. Vancouver's like a retirement home for China.

Why do we have so many mainland seniors riding our buses with disability/senior passes and lining up for the foodbanks every morning?

Aren't we supposed to be accepting people who can contribute? These guys are never going to work again in their life.

It genuinely confuses me.

It can't all be chain migration?

Edited by 112

I hate myself & want to die.

I have kids, and as such will never, ever, take my own life such that they may ever think that it was something they did, or didn't do, or that I didn't love them, or that anyone I love and care about wouldn't also have the same queries or doubt of themselves.

Nonetheless, I'd like to leave. Whenever I wake up coughing my lungs out, I hope the truth is waiting for me.

12 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

I hate myself & want to die.

I have kids, and as such will never, ever, take my own life such that they may ever think that it was something they did, or didn't do, or that I didn't love them, or that anyone I love and care about wouldn't also have the same queries or doubt of themselves.

Nonetheless, I'd like to leave. Whenever I wake up coughing my lungs out, I hope the truth is waiting for me.

you owe it to yourself to talk to a professional, there might be a way out of this for you where you are happy.