The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Eklund) Vancouver and Winnipeg working on trade around Evander Kane

2009cupchamps

I hear the Yukon is a great place to go in the summer too.

Did you know that last winter it was so cold in Winnipeg that the frost level extended more than seven feet into the ground where they bury the pipes so they won't freeze. Don't think that happened in the summer.

A lot of the complaints about Winnipeg people seem to have aren't the weather, but the lack of much to do. Hansen does enjoy the city so it's entirely conceivable that he would be willing to put up with the winter there.

I wouldn't trade Kassian. It just doesn't make sense for us. Would McCann, Jensen/Burrows, Lack, and a conditional 1st entice them enough?

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Kane - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Vey - Burrows/Jensen

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen/Dorsett

Lack pitches 4 SO's in his rookie year, could have had 8 with some defense and you want to trade him?

Kane has not been trending up like he should be but actually sliding back. Van would be foolish to give

up a lot for him.

They traded Tyler because he lacked the two-way commitment to defense and competitiveness that the Bruins wanted, which they got in Eriksson. If he was a two-way dynamo they would've loved to keep him, but clearly he didn't demonstrate those traits.

I like the comparison of buying low for a young offensive player though. While it would be great to keep a 1B in Lack and another potential young sniper in Jensen around, I would probably do a trade with another roster player included since you don't get that kind of scoring ability and physicality everyday. He and Kass would also look good together, with Kass setting him up and him finishing. Add another gritty center like Horvat and that would be a tough scoring line to play against.

Your kidding right?

Bergeron won one Selke and was nominated for a 2knd with Seguin on his line. Taking ALL the primary defensive match ups.

They also won a cup with Seguin. He was not getting their primary offensive minutes.

Seguin obviously sucks as a two way player...

:picard:

Just FTR; Seguin is widely reported to have been traded for partying and / or attitude issues. Distractions, not the calibre of his skills. Defensive or otherwise.

They got Ehlers and Petan if anything they want size and some one who's closest to making the jump to NHL.

Jensen, Burrows, Lack, Hansen makes a ton of sense for the jets.

They get a potential starter, a goal scorer with some size to replace some of the offence missed as well has a second and a third liner to improve the roster today.

Those players currently make the Jets a better team this year and some potential to fill some holes for the future. I wouldn't give more than that without another player coming back our way. At this point if he is truly unhappy and hurting the locker room, the longer Jets hold onto to Kane more his value will drop. Imagine the return they could have got if they could have traded him the summer of 2012.

Yes and he's a messiah! You realize he's scored 30 goals ONCE IN HIS CAREER RIGHT?

and it was TWO years ago...

Lets get a kid in here with an attitude problem, loves to party and now he's around his boys at home all season, and is paid 5 mil for 19 goals

and give up a consistent 25 goal scorer, however much older, with a leaders attitude, less money, a stud young goalie, a very good prospect with hands and size and who can skate and has shown he can score at the nhl and and and and great third liner

yes...lets gut our team and depth for this...because he has superstar attitude and talent written all over him

wow just wow

Kane has potential but has not lived up to it and is a cancer....lets bring in Kes 2.0

Yes and he's a messiah! You realize he's scored 30 goals ONCE IN HIS CAREER RIGHT?

and it was TWO years ago...

Lets get a kid in here with an attitude problem, loves to party and now he's around his boys at home all season, and is paid 5 mil for 19 goals

and give up a consistent 25 goal scorer, however much older, with a leaders attitude, less money, a stud young goalie, a very good prospect with hands and size and who can skate and has shown he can score at the nhl and and and and great third liner

yes...lets gut our team and depth for this...because he has superstar attitude and talent written all over him

wow just wow

Kane has potential but has not lived up to it and is a cancer....lets bring in Kes 2.0

Kane is 23. You say he's on the down turn then talk about Burrows being a 25 goal scorer. You do realized he's out produced Burrows in goals and in points for the last 3 years straight. Not to mention that burrows is 10 years older. hmmm 2-3 more decent seasons with Burrows or... 15 more with Kane.

Sure he has only scored 30 goals once but he's only played 2 seasons since and one of those seasons a lock out season (only ovechkin broke 30 goals). He then missed 19 games with injury last year but still put up a 0.65 point per game pace on the terrible Jets team. Did i mention he's only 23?

Kane has the potential to be a 40+ goal scorer, having a player like Kassian setting him up would be scary. He's got size, speed and plays a hard game, exactly what this team need in to pacific division. Seguin, Patrick Kane, had attitude problems as well, doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't want them on my team. Players do grow up.

P.s Was Kesler always a cancer in the dressing room? Will he be a cancer in the ducks dressing room. OR did kesler not really become a cancer until it was known Kesler wanted out.... And what does Kane want with Winnipeg????

All these proposals that don't have a 1st in it are kidding themselves.

I think something like 1st ,Burrows ,Jenson ,Tanev may get it done..Not that I would take it though...

Jets likely care more about winning now than stock piling up more draft picks. Jensen provides almost as much value as a first in the 14-20 range as he's on the cups of making the NHL roster. They are also the team that needs to move Kane, were not a team that's desperate for him, sure they can asked for our 1st but they'd not likely get it. Especially if Jensen is involved.

Also tanev doesn't really have a lot of value on that defence roster unless they also plan on moving someone else in a different move.

The do have a need for a new potential starter, someone to split duties with Pavelec and push him to earn #1 again.

I have no problem with the OP posting it. All I want is a rationale for allowing Eklund as a legitimate source, when it's obvious with anyone with eyes the majority of Eklund's rumours are just that. Rumours. Worse still it's rumours to get traffic on his website to earn him money.

He often posts rumours about Vancouver, Toronto, and other major markets so he gets traffic. The vast majority never pan out.

Dreger as much as I think he's a mouthpiece for Toronto is at least correct, and has legitimate sources. As is Bob MacKenzie.

Eklund's performance during the trade deadline and getting completely wrong information, on Sportsnet no less should be enough alone, to show he just makes stuff up.

If the explanation in the board specific rules thread in this forum isn't enough, then you should take the advice listed later in that same post and PM a moderator with questions rather than derail the thread with anti-Eklund posts.

It's highly unlikely it happens as many have mentioned, and it's one of many threads already this year about the possibility (how many were Eklund?) but it creates discussion which especially in the summer months is a nice diversion.

While he'd prefer to come here of course, he has no say and I'm sure there'd be a few other teams interested that could offer a better package.

I never understood the logic that because someone spent a couple years in Winnipeg or they grew up in Winnipeg that they would automatically want to move back. Seems that a few Winnipeg winters in your life would give you good reason to start kicking and screaming if someone tried to trade you back. Hell just look at ...Evander Kane.

Hansen's off season home is there. I don't think you get a better indication of his willingness to live there than... well his actually living there.

Maybe he likes spending winters in Vancouver, but you make it sound really far fetched that he would want to play in his adopted hometown.

Archived