The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Eklund) Vancouver and Winnipeg working on trade around Evander Kane

2009cupchamps

Lack is expendable. We have goalies coming up in our system in Markstrom and Demko. He also has the most value out of the three as he is the closest to taking a full time starter gig. The 2015 pick could be used to go after a defensemen, something that our future roster is "Lacking".

Lack is expendable?

- 2nd best rookie wins at 16.

- 2nd best rookie GAA

- 3rd best rookie SV% at 0.912%

This was on a team that was challenged defensively, especially in the spring when Lack had to take the bulk of the starts. Markstrom on the otherhand has had multiple chances to make the NHL and Demko is

years away. Nothing 'Lacking' about Lack!

In a sense, we'd be doing Winn a favour, if Kane truly isn't happy there. There'd be some inherent risk, for Benning's boys. Thus, they should add something else we need, like a crease-clearing D.

Burrows, Hansen, Lack, Gaunce & Stanton/Sbisa. (8.5~10.2 mill in cap; depending on D-man sent)

Kane, Bogosian, & a random prospect, for contract numbers. (10.3 mill in cap, for these two)

Throw in a safety valve for both squads(as they're competing directly, perhaps for a wildcard spot). Whichever team finishes 2015 in a higher spot, throws in a 3rd rounder. If one team makes PO's, they give their 2015 2nd rounder.

PS..Just a suggestion to add to discussion, hoping people don't get overwrought wth emotions.

Lack is expendable?

- 2nd best rookie GAA

This was on a team that was challenged defensively, especially in the spring when Lack had to take the bulk of the starts. Markstrom on the otherhand has had multiple chances to make the NHL and Demko is

I never said he wasn't good did I? no wait I didn't. 6 million in miller means for the next three years Lack is expendable.

Lack is expendable?

- 2nd best rookie GAA

Nothing lacking, but with a glut of talent in net, I would totally flip Eddie for more pieces.

Love how the sheep will follow on here...this thread started off as an Eklund rumour and now it has made it past 5-6 pages....

And you ppl slag on Eklund.....

Back on task.....There really isnt much on this team i wouldnt trade to get Kane.

I cant re-iterate enough how he is taylor made to this division and most of all.....WANTS to be here.

After Kane, my wishlist includes Benning using his Bruins connection to get Boychuk.

Edler Boychuk

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bieksa

Nice rock'em sock'em back end.....sign Boychuk to keep him here for a few more years

Your kidding right?

Bergeron won one Selke and was nominated for a 2knd with Seguin on his line. Taking ALL the primary defensive match ups.

They also won a cup with Seguin. He was not getting their primary offensive minutes.

Seguin obviously sucks as a two way player...

:picard:

Just FTR; Seguin is widely reported to have been traded for partying and / or attitude issues. Distractions, not the calibre of his skills. Defensive or otherwise.

Seguin barely played when they won the cup.

Playing with Bergeron doesn't mean he was always playing the most two way hockey. Toews won the Selke that doesn't mean that Kane or Hossa are just as good two-way.

In a sense, we'd be doing Winn a favour, if Kane truly isn't happy there. There'd be some inherent risk, for Benning's boys. Thus, they should add something else we need, like a crease-clearing D.

Burrows, Hansen, Lack, Gaunce & Stanton/Sbisa. (8.5~10.2 mill in cap; depending on D-man sent)

Kane, Bogosian, & a random prospect, for contract numbers. (10.3 mill in cap, for these two)

Throw in a safety valve for both squads(as they're competing directly, perhaps for a wildcard spot). Whichever team finishes 2015 in a higher spot, throws in a 3rd rounder. If one team makes PO's, they give their 2015 2nd rounder.

PS..Just a suggestion to add to discussion, hoping people don't get overwrought wth emotions.

You can't be serious? Kane and Bogosian?

Love how the sheep will follow on here...this thread started off as an Eklund rumour and now it has made it past 5-6 pages....

And you ppl slag on Eklund.....

Back on task.....There really isnt much on this team i wouldnt trade to get Kane.

I cant re-iterate enough how he is taylor made to this division and most of all.....WANTS to be here.

After Kane, my wishlist includes Benning using his Bruins connection to get Boychuk.

Edler Boychuk

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bieksa

Nice rock'em sock'em back end.....sign Boychuk to keep him here for a few more years

I think Kane is more important to acquire, than Johansen or Boychuck at this point. After Daniel Sedin, the LW position is scarily depleted. By acquiring Kane, a definite scoring threat is acquired. Acquiring Johansen might have less effect as Bonino, Matthias, Vey, Horvat and Virtanen will be competing for the spot.

Kane's competion would include Matthias, Burrows, Higgins, Jensen and Shinkaruk, which Kane beats by a mile at this point.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - VRBATA

KANE - BONINO - KASSIAN

All three of Kane, Boychuck and Johansen would be spectacular but that would most likely mean bare cupboards when all is said and done. The Canucks need to keep as many draft picks and prospects as possible for this elongated transition.

Frankly, there is a lot of fat that could be trimmed off this team. Whether that fat comes in the form of Veterans that can't do it anymore, or uninspired rookies, the players themselves will determine their own fate.

Incidentally, bringing in all three would drastically increase the talent level of the Canucks roster, thereby allowing our youth to further develop in the minors. But rest assured that the kids are pushing the vets and some vets better get it together.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - VRBATA

KANE - JOHANSEN - KASSIAN

HIGGINS - RICHARDSON - BURROWS

SESTITO - VEY - DORSETT

EDLER - BOYCHUCK

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

STANTON - SBISA

MILLER

MARKSTROM

If Edler doesn't "fit" under Desjardins, then I think it would be best to cut ties with him sooner rather than later. That guy has to get some things pretty soon. World talent. Sleeping airhead.

I don't know if I'm alone in thinking that Kassian is borderline untouchable. If he reaches his potential, in this market, he will retire a god.

Agreed about the borderline untouchable part.

I am not the OP, but I really wish the mods would start giving out warnings to the doofus posters who spam up every Eklund thread with their useless comments about how he should be banned.

People go so far as to put Eklund in the title to allow folks to skip by the thread if they so wish.

It is getting tiresome when the subject has been decided several times by the admin and he is a permitted source.

It's possible to acquire Kane and Johansen. Probably not the greatest idea for our depth, but it is possible.

Kane for Jensen, Lack, Hansen + 2nd/3rd?

Johansen for Horvat, Bonino, ++?

5+ years down the line, we could see;

Shinkaruk - Johansen - Virtanen

Kane - McCann - Kassian

- Gaunce - Vey

- Lain -

Hutton - big, smooth skating puck-mover

Cederholm - big, physical, smooth skating, stay at home defenseman

Tryamkin- huge man with a big point shot

Corrado- we all know what he brings

Demko

hmmm, not bad at all

Wonder if Canucks are dangling a vet (Hansen, burrows) prospect (Corrado) and a goalie (markstrom).... Would be an even deal

That makes more sense than most of the BS proposed for Kane. I suspect there are other teams that would bid much higher for Kane.

IMHO the questions about Kane's mental attitude extend beyond just being in Winnipeg. I am all for

converting vets into younger prospects and picks. Kane is young enough to fit a new time line for the Canucks but in using the vets to get him it vaults Kane into a leadership role. Reports from the Jets suggest he has not assumed such a role there. It might not be in his nature. Making such a move would

be a huge gamble when the risk might be spread better by keeping or acquiring more prospects and picks.

The hockey world is pretty small. I suspect if Benning makes a deal for Kane it will be because he has

a solid book on the kid, both as a hockey player and as a individual. From the Jets perspective I do

not see what Van has to offer which would interest them.

Archived