The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 thinks Lack should/will be traded

Santo

Trading Eddie Lack  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't find the source, because I heard it while driving on TSN 1040 earlier today.

Anyway, they rightly admit that Lack has a lot of trade value, and I think it may have been Sekeres who said he thinks quote "Lack will be an elite NHL starter".

But the weird thing is, the hosts kept suggesting the Canucks deal him and see what he's worth on the open market. It wouldn't hurt to see what your asset is worth, by all means play the market. But they seemed adament that now is the time to get value for him. I can't say I agree.

I'm hoping that the Canucks don't even consider trading him. Of all the goalies, I'd keep Lack around long-term. He seems like our last chance at a young elite goalie for the next several years.

Would you guys be up for trading Eddie? If you would, Markstrom or Eriksson as Miller's backup?

TSN bought the station

TSN always owned the station I believe, I think they just changed the name to fit with the other stations.

As for the question, I wouldn't trade Lack. Best bet to pan out IMO.

If he were traded, I'd have Markstrom as the backup no question.

Definitely worth less than Schneider , so your looking at a 2nd or late first by a desperate team

Halak after a magical run went for Eller and a late 2nd

So if we Re going to trade him it would be in the offseason, because picks doesn't help us during the season and if Miller gets injured we would be in trouble as lack is way more ready than matkstrom to take the load

Goalies with a small track record such as Lack's generally don't return much of anything in a trade. His value to the team far exceeds whatever he'd return in a trade, especially considering goaltenders generally have less value than skaters do.

Hanging on to Lack and waiting for him to steal the #1 job should be the plan, as far as I'm concerned. The sooner we can dump Miller's albatross of a contract, the better. Hopefully another team is dumb enough to take him off our hands before he becomes completely unmovable.

Situations can arise that catapult value.

For example, imagine NYI is faring darn well(firmly in a PO spot), & their 'tender Halak is performing superbly. Suddenly he's seriously injured, & their BU's have been lumps in his stead. There's potential they slide back, handing a top 2015 pick to Buff.

I'd say this scenario would tighten Snow's collar significantly. Also imagine there'D been a number of gt injuries, & no Eastern GM's want to assist a strong rival...

If you have an extra excellent 'tender, a team might be able to extract a Pulock or Reinhart(with a small add, perhaps).

You know? Scratch my last post. I would hold on to Lack unless the return was the most lopsided trade in NHL history. Eddie gives us a chance to win every time he suits up. He's the kind of backup goalie that you can put in against bottom feeders or contenders and be confident with. How many teams in the league would kill for that insurance?

Plus, there's the fact that everything I've seen of him leads me to believe that he'll be a Vezina candidate one day (ONE DAY, not now). I don't want to give that up.

Goalies with a small track record such as Lack's generally don't return much of anything in a trade. His value to the team far exceeds whatever he'd return in a trade, especially considering goaltenders generally have less value than skaters do.

Hanging on to Lack and waiting for him to steal the #1 job should be the plan, as far as I'm concerned. The sooner we can dump Miller's albatross of a contract, the better. Hopefully another team is dumb enough to take him off our hands before he becomes completely unmovable.

I echo the first paragraph.

The 2knd? Well I have no problem if Lack steals the starters job. I'm not trading anyone till Lack proves he is a starter and one (if not both) of Eriksson or Markstrom prove they are capable back ups. That might even take an injury call up. Now that Markstrom has cleared we have the luxury of patience. I probably would phrase my expectation as waiting till nature takes its course.

I'd give it a full season at the very least before I'd even consider trading Lack. There are too many big 'ifs' right now when it comes to our goaltending depth, whether it has to do with Miller's performance or how Markstrom and Ericsson develop in the minors. It wouldn't be fair at this point to evaluate how Demko will do as a pro, considering that he's still a teenager and will most likely finish college hockey all the way through to the end. Still, there are too many question marks surrounding the certainty of this organization's goaltending abilities to even consider trading Lack.

Keeping Lack around is absolutely vital for Vancouver right now. Letting Miller and Lack play their fair share of games for Vancouver this season is the absolute best option at this point.

Archived