The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NSH - 11/02/2014 - 6:30PM

Strombone1

idk why delay it. he has played in utica for almost 2 weeks now. he is ready to go. If he isn't good enough to make the team then send him down so he can actually play.

You don't mess with a winning roster.

It would be pretty crappy for Sestito to get in one game and then get bumped for a rookie, even though he played well.

There's no rush right now. They've got plenty of games coming up. I'm sure they'll take this time for Bo to get his conditioning up some more, and work on his faceoffs.

Would love to see Sestito get another point and Lack a W!

As much as everyone is pulling for Sestito, consider that he didn't see the ice in the third last night. Why you ask? Maybe Willy doesn't trust him enough or know him well enough to give him those minutes. He was running around last night looking to make the big hit, usually that triggers the refs to call penalties, and in close games we've seen Willy going with four lines, with trust.

Here is what I would like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Matthias - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Since we add a centerman to the lineup, we can move Vey to the wing now and play on that second line while not touching the third line since they have played well together.

Nope VC. Like the idea but this won't be happening.

Never slot a rookie centre on a line (that's debuting) with no other centre on the line. You need another centre with him to help break the ice and settle in and give a few notes on what to do and etc. Just don't leave a guy to hang like that lol.

I suspect Bo will play along side Richardson (better to have a veteran centre instead of a youngster like Vey for experience reasons) on the 3rd line.

Nope VC. Like the idea but this won't be happening.

Never slot a rookie centre on a line (that's debuting) with no other centre on the line. You need another centre with him to help break the ice and settle in and give a few notes on what to do and etc. Just don't leave a guy to hang like that lol.

I suspect Bo will play along side Richardson (better to have a veteran centre instead of a youngster like Vey for experience reasons) on the 3rd line.

I know where you're coming from. But this team has struggled in faceoffs and is 29th in the league in that department. Horvat is a great faceoff guy, forechecker, strong defensively and can improve his offence game. If this team wants to get better at faceoffs, have Horvat and Richardson on different lines. Horvat doesn't have to worry about the rookies mistakes as Dorsett and Hansen are all good in their own end.

Here is what I would like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Matthias - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Since we add a centerman to the lineup, we can move Vey to the wing now and play on that second line while not touching the third line since they have played well together.

I think this is the best we could ice, make it so.

Archived