The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think all Canuck's Fans owe a huge vote of thanks to Trevor Linden

*Buzzsaw*

Bumping this one again.

Just another word of thanks to Trev... who will always be the #1 Captain.

Send him some fan mail. That has a better chance of getting to him. Some day people will learn that NHL GMs, couches, players, etc. don't go trolling hockey message boards looking for birthday wishes and validation or otherwise for doing their jobs.

Don't mean to pee in your Cheerios, but it's weird every time I see posts and threads like this.

I wouldn't go that far. I think we have a more balanced attack than the 2011 team, but the 2011 team was stronger down the middle and on D.

I'd agree. I'd say the only place we're on par with is up front. One big difference is the heart and tenacity this team has, compared. We were favourites back then... I love that there's still people doubting is. Our come-from-behind and road records speaks volumes about this team.

Plus, in my opinion, Linden's personal integrity which is a key selling point in aquiring Benning and Desjardins. Everyone around the league knows him from his work with the NHLPA, and they respect him for his level headed approach to business and honesty.

I think this is exactly right. Players, coaches, and other execs all know Linden is going to treat them fairly and with integrity.

This is so much more fun than tanking...and our young players will be better for this experience. No, we won't get a crack at the superstar McEichel monster, but we've got a career scout leading the helm now. I think this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next 5 years, warts and all.

Interesting ready the posts in this thread, pretty great thread to read through. Linden, like his mentor Quinn, both came at a time not just when the team was playing bad, however also needed to give the team's brand a significant boost. Quinn did an amazing job of that, Linden looks like he is well on his way.

I agree that we have one of the best management teams in the league.

I also agree that we should be watching with a critical eye. Next season may be a tough one; Sedins will be another year older and may not be able to produce stats wise like they did this year; Horvat and other new players may go through a sophmore jinx; who knows what the goalie situation will be for us; Calgary will likely also continue to get better; Kings will likely bounce back a bit, possibly the Sharks will too.

That being said, I am going sit back and enjoy the ride, win or lose, at least we have a team that worked hard and is a team that can be respected all the way from management down to the farm system.

Sour grapes guys. I thank Gillis for starting to rebuild the prospect depth as well as Bo Horvat for Cory Schneider. We had depth at the goalie position and if Gillis had not moved Schneider, we wouldn't be seeing just how good Eddie Lack is right now....instead CDC would be talking about the surplus of goalies and willing to trade Eddie for a 4th round pick.

Sour grapes guys. I thank Gillis for starting to rebuild the prospect depth as well as Bo Horvat for Cory Schneider. We had depth at the goalie position and if Gillis had not moved Schneider, we wouldn't be seeing just how good Eddie Lack is right now....instead CDC would be talking about the surplus of goalies and willing to trade Eddie for a 4th round pick.

Ban..... ^^^^

I was ecstatic when we got linden and I'm ecstatic that he hasn't let us down.

Agree 100%.

I didn't expect us to be in this position a year ago.

I didn't expect Daniel to be 10th in league scoring and just 10 points away from the league lead at this point.

I didn't expect Vrbata to be as effective as he has been.

I didn't expect Bo to be this ready, this quick.

I didn't think Edler could bounce back as well as he has.

I didn't think we had a shot once Miller was out long term.

Some of that is thanks to Linden and co., some of it is thanks to Gillis and co.

All in all, lots of surprises and we still have the best of Kassian, Virtanen, McCann, Shinkaruk, to look forward to.

I don't owe them anything. Is my money and fandom not payment enough?

Sort of an entitled view though. Like buying art and saying the artist doesn't require any acknowledgement because you paid for the art.

What's the harm in paying respect to the architects of product you enjoy?

Archived