The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line Juggling.

new look 'nucks

I'd be interested to see the following line combinations:

Sedin -- Sedin -- Vey (as long as one of the three will shoot the puck)

Matthias -- Bonino -- Vrbata (good puck possession line; would help kick start Bonino again)

Burrows -- Richardson -- Dorsett (might be the best agitating, "dog on a bone" line in the NHL; been wanting to see these three guys together since the beginning of camp. I think they would feed off of each others' style of game)

Higgins -- Horvat -- Hansen (Horvat between two good, reliable vets)

Matthias -- Bonino -- Vrbata (good puck possession line; would help kick start Bonino again)

Burrows -- Richardson -- Dorsett (might be the best agitating, "dog on a bone" line in the NHL; been wanting to see these three guys together since the beginning of camp. I think they would feed off of each others' style of game)

Your fourth line should be called "Triple H" :emot-parrot:

Really like this lineup

Because Burrows should not be rewarded for his average play lately.

Hansen has at least been bringing it lately.

That being said, I see Vrbata being back on the top line tomorrow.

It's not all about rewarding or punishing the players. It's about doing what's best for the team. I doubt any of the players would be upset if Burrows played a game with the twins. He's shown enough success with them before to earn a chance there.

It's worth a shot.

The Canucks definitely need to get their second line going. And Vrbata has the skill set and talent to "carry" a line. Not that Bonino doesn't as well, but he's been slumping and could use some help. Hopefully things click.

As for Hansen, I've posted quite a bit about his proven history of success with the twins. He might not put-up a ton of points himself, but whenever the Canucks roll with Hansen and the Sedins, the five man on-ice unit (D included) produces extremely well (while also being very stingy defensively).

Good point. The numbers on this point have been studied. Hansen is not a great puck handler but he is strong defensively and good on the forecheck. With him out there the Canucks spend more time in the offensvie zone than they otherwise would. He might not get in on the scoring himself, but he helps the team.

I agree that the shakeup looks good. I like Bonino with Vrbata as Higgins has not been doing enough offensively. Letting him play bottom 6 takes some the pressure off him.

When Zack's back and they face stingy opponents I'd want to see them give Zack a legitimate shot to work with the Sedins to create space for them in tighter quarters.

Danny - Hank - Zack

Burr - Bones - Radimer (two wingers who get the puck up ice and have strong two-way games)
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen (speed, two-way play, physicality and scoring)
Matthias - Richie - Dorsett/ Vey (crash-and-bang line with some depth scoring ability)
// Vey/ Dorsett

It would be interesting to see what Vey could do with the Sedins. And when Kassian gets back, I would like to see him get a shot at some point with the Sedins again too. That little stint he had with them a while back really impressed me. I wish he could get that chance again. It just seems like there's so much potential that could be harnessed.

Here are the lines from practice, though Dorsett took a maintenance day, likely because of the “sore hand” he mentioned to Chris Neil before Neil forced him to fight anyway:

D. Sedin – H. Sedin – Hansen

Burrows – Bonino – Vrbata

Matthias – Richardson – Vey

Higgins – Horvat – Dorsett

according to pitb - http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/12/12/willie-desjardins-turns-on-the-line-blender-because-its-the-right-time-to-do-so/

I'd like to see this actually.

I'd like to see Vey or heck even Matthias get a shot with the Sedins if we're playing around a bit. Matthias has been dominant lately controlling the puck and his big body would do well in front of the net. He may not be a righty, but causing havoc could help out that line. Otherwise go with an all-skill Vey-Sedins.

Sedin - Sedin - Vey

Higgins - Bonino - Vbrata

Richardson - Matthias - Hansen

Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows

I'd like to see Vey or heck even Matthias get a shot with the Sedins if we're playing around a bit. Matthias has been dominant lately controlling the puck and his big body would do well in front of the net. He may not be a righty, but causing havoc could help out that line. Otherwise go with an all-skill Vey-Sedins.

Sedin - Sedin - Vey

Sedin - Sedin - Vey

Nope...Matthias a center is a no go.

Nice mix of grit and skill on each line. I like it.

Archived