The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Call Up] Ronalds Kenins to join Canucks

TheRussianRocket.

I guess all those kind word for Jensen by Benning was just to soften the blow, for when Jensen isn't recalled.

We'll have to get used to our same boring top 6 forward until the end of the season.

Clearly have no intention of promoting top 6 player from within....but Benning doesn't want to part ways with picks and prospects. How does he thinks he will magically pry a top 6 forward without giving anything substantial.

For all those excited to see Kenins, I'd lower my expectations, might not even suit up, and if he does, don't get up too often, as you might miss one of his 8 shifts and 6 minutes of ice-time.

1) JB says Jensen might be able to fill that scoring role in the top six.

2) Dorsett (4th liner) gets injured, Kenins called up.

3) CDC can't figure out why Jensen isn't called up, obviously JB hates Jensen

I'm guessing that JB wants to fill a high energy 4th line role with a high energy 4th liner type prospect. It's not that hard to figure out...

I guess all those kind word for Jensen by Benning was just to soften the blow, for when Jensen isn't recalled.

We'll have to get used to our same boring top 6 forward until the end of the season.

Clearly have no intention of promoting top 6 player from within....but Benning doesn't want to part ways with picks and prospects. How does he thinks he will magically pry a top 6 forward without giving anything substantial.

For all those excited to see Kenins, I'd lower my expectations, might not even suit up, and if he does, don't get up too often, as you might miss one of his 8 shifts and 6 minutes of ice-time.

Could have summed up the whole post with: :frantic:

Because announcing which young players we'd part with for the right trade lowers their value a bit?

Look at the stats and almost all of those players have NHL experiance already (Idk why grenier has not been giving a chance.) Archibald was awsome for us as a fourth liner so yes he would be a better option than a guy with meh stats and no nhl experience

Archibald is a lazy player who would not fit with Desjardins' system.

Kenins shows more effort night by night than any other forward on the Utica roster outside of ALex Friesen. He'll get in on the forecheck throughout the game.

I'm sure you guys will like him a lot, but if he puts up a point.. don't overhype him into some future 2nd liner because he won't ever be one.

Really excited. Good choice for the 4RW spot if he gets out of the press box. Capable, and deserving of this chance.

Kenins called up over

Jensen, Gaunce, Archibald, Grenier, Defazzio.

Jensen, Gaunce, Archibald, Grenier and Defazzio are either all busts or being traded.

Am I CDC'ing right?

You're doing pretty good. 8/10 some room for potential a.k.a. misspelling a few more names, using unintelligible grammar, etc. But you're on the right track. :emot-parrot:

Kenins might actually stick as the extra forward. He has another gear, and is quick and physical with a decent shot. People will like him cause he actually hits unlike most of our team. You know Green is the one saying it's his time to go up too which is great. Marc Crawford also said he would be in the NHL this year.

Stoked for Ronalds.

Agree with this. He looks as if there is potential there for something more. I hope he buries his nerves and goes for it.

I would also like a look at Freisen if he's over his injuries.

your dumb u obviously never saw kenins light it up at olympics the guy hits and hustles im hoping he out plays all our bottom six and stays up

You're not smarter, if you're only evaluation of Kenins is his Olypmics play. I mean, by that logic, the Latvian goaltender should have won the Vezina trophy.

@EricMacKenzie:

Corrado on Kenins: "Very hard-working, flies around the ice, finishes every check, brings a lot of sandpaper... but highly skilled" #Canucks

Like this a lot. Resembles that game in 2014 he and the Latvians almost upset Canada, I remember him being resilient and relentless every shift.

Archived