The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Call Up] Ronalds Kenins to join Canucks

TheRussianRocket.

Look at the stats and almost all of those players have NHL experiance already (Idk why grenier has not been giving a chance.) Archibald was awsome for us as a fourth liner so yes he would be a better option than a guy with meh stats and no nhl experience

Because stats are everything right? We need someone to play an energy role. Kenins fits that perfectly as he has a high motor and he's been a spark plug. He also has his fair share of pro experience and he looked very solid last olympics for Latvia.

Grenier hasn't been given a chance because he's not ready and very likely a bust. Inconsistent and he's got real deficiencies in his defensive game. Kenins has been playing better than Archibald this year as well, even though they have pretty much identical stats..stop strictly stat mining. Obviously the coaching staff down in Utica and our pro scouts are able to make a more informed decision than you or I are. So why bitch about it?

Kenins might actually stick as the extra forward. He has another gear, and is quick and physical with a decent shot. People will like him cause he actually hits unlike most of our team. You know Green is the one saying it's his time to go up too which is great. Marc Crawford also said he would be in the NHL this year.

Stoked for Ronalds.

anyways Kennis can't be any worse than Kassian so whatever.

Or Higgins, Bonino, Burrows, H Sedin, D Sedin, Bieksa, Tanev, Matthias, Vey or any other number of players onthe ice wearing a Canucks jersey since the Christmas break.

Cherry picking the problems on this team is incredibly simple minded when there are 22 other players at fault for losses and issues, 15 of which make a fair site more and have a fair site more to be questioned on.

Kenins might actually stick as the extra forward. He has another gear, and is quick and physical with a decent shot. People will like him cause he actually hits unlike most of our team. You know Green is the one saying it's his time to go up too which is great. Marc Crawford also said he would be in the NHL this year.

Stoked for Ronalds.

Me too! This is the first call up I've actually been excited to watch this year!

I guess all those kind word for Jensen by Benning was just to soften the blow, for when Jensen isn't recalled.

We'll have to get used to our same boring top 6 forward until the end of the season.

Clearly have no intention of promoting top 6 player from within....but Benning doesn't want to part ways with picks and prospects. How does he thinks he will magically pry a top 6 forward without giving anything substantial.

For all those excited to see Kenins, I'd lower my expectations, might not even suit up, and if he does, don't get up too often, as you might miss one of his 8 shifts and 6 minutes of ice-time.

Archived