The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Lebrun) Canucks interested in Santorelli

gavinh8

Yup wrong move, maybe vey will improve next yr

Don't forget Santo wanted term and money that we could neither afford, or were willing to pay.. So he decided to shop around... Till his agent realized that nobody was willing to pay that. By that time we had already filled his hole in the roster with vey..and here we are today.

Doubt it. If there was anything between Benning and Santo he would have been re-signed. We don't have room for him now without waiving someone so it'd take a roster player going the other way. And even then, why didn't Benning just re-sign Santo then trade the roster player for something else?

At best this was someone asking Benning if he liked Santo and he replied, "Sure," but then it got misconstrued into actually approaching the Leafs about it.

if van is interested in him they are dumb we gave him away for free, shakes my head this is bs i dont believe it for a sec

bad ideas benning not sure why you gave up a cheap home town boy thats decent gets you 40-50 points and is ok on faceoffs sorta like giving up on seguin wander if that was chirelli or benning.

Maybe as a throw in for a bigger move?... :huh:

if van is interested in him they are dumb we gave him away for free, shakes my head this is bs i dont believe it for a sec
bad ideas benning not sure why you gave up a cheap home town boy thats decent gets you 40-50 points and is ok on faceoffs sorta like giving up on seguin wander if that was chirelli or benning.

hear hear!

There is zero chance this is true, so one of two things is happening :

1. JB is trolling East coast media

2. East coast media is trolling us

Lolololol, I hope so.

I just don't see this one happening. I mean, JB doesn't strike me as the type who wants to make himself look like a doofus.

Santorelli could have been signed. He wasn't. They chose Vey (which was clearly the wrong choice for a "right now" team since Santorelli + McKeown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vey or even the potential of Vey).

I hear the Canucks are also willing to trade a first round pick for Garrision.

I love santorellis versatility and his right handed shot and face off ability would be a nice addition. Depends what the asking price is but he already have a stocked bottom 6 and need a top 6 scorer

To tor: Richardson, 4th pick 2015

To van: santorelli

That is as far as Id go but other teams will pay more

Archived