The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Lebrun) Canucks interested in Santorelli

gavinh8

He is a good piece for any team to add. Cheap and provides good offence, also fit anywhere in your lineup.

Kassian for santorelli+????

Edit: considering we didn't resign him, I can't imagine us trading for him. But except a contender in need of offence to try and pick him up

I just don't see this one happening. I mean, JB doesn't strike me as the type who wants to make himself look like a doofus.

Santorelli could have been signed. He wasn't. They chose Vey (which was clearly the wrong choice for a "right now" team since Santorelli + McKeown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vey or even the potential of Vey).

Trading for him makes absolutely no sense and makes our organization look ridiculous. For multiple reasons.

Obviously for the fact we could've re-signed him without giving up assets already.

But also, he is not a future consideration. He's 29. He's at his ceiling. Albeit a not bad ceiling, but we don't need a not-bad player. If we trade any prospect for him, management will publicly be admitting there's no plans for the future.

I just don't see this one happening. I mean, JB doesn't strike me as the type who wants to make himself look like a doofus.

Santorelli could have been signed. He wasn't. They chose Vey (which was clearly the wrong choice for a "right now" team since Santorelli + McKeown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vey or even the potential of Vey).

Couldn't agree more. Vey's been pretty underwhelming right now, at least relative to what Santo brings... but 2-3 years down the road I think Vey will be a good player for us.

Next piece of breaking news will probably read something like:

"@Somesource: Benning interested in Jordan Schroeder and re-acquiring Jason Garrison".

What's Lebrun doing tweeting Canucks being interested in Santorelli? If he's heard it, then some other Toronto media hack has probably heard it, so why not let the other Toronto media hack tweet such a breaking piece of news?

C'mon Pierre...you're better than this.

Yup wrong move, maybe vey will improve next yr

Benning walked away from Santorelli.

We are far from making a solid playoff, Benning isn't looking for rentals, Toronto is looking for draft picks for their UFA which Santo is, and Benning has said he isn't willing to part with his draft picks

THEREFORE

This won't happen. I wouldn't even trade Kass for Santo.

Santo has 2 points -7 in January while getting 2nd line minutes, but last game he was regulated to 4th line duty.

Looks like TO killed him. RIP.

If Benning considers this, he should be fired immediately.

I think the word you're looking for is "relegated". "Regulated" -- must be a spell check thing.

Archived