The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll: Which Goalie Will Be Moved (or will neither?)

S N Y P E R S 7

Goalie Trade?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish it was miller, but sadly I think it's going to be lack since he has the most value b/w him and markstrom and miller is benning's golden boy so won't be moved. Lack is just such a likeable guy, it's going to be sad to see him tear it up on another team.

This is a great article.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Botchford+Trading+Lack+would+huge+mistake/10809354/story.html

https://twitter.com/eddielack/status/566114820517146624

Eddie Lack ‏@eddielack

@provincesports this @botchford guy seems like a nice guy. For a second there I thought my dad wrote the piece!

I wish it was miller, but sadly I think it's going to be lack since he has the most value b/w him and markstrom and miller is benning's golden boy so won't be moved.

This is a great article.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Botchford+Trading+Lack+would+huge+mistake/10809354/story.html

We are only trading Miller if we go into a rebuilding phase. He was brought in because management believes there is a 2-3 year timeline for this team to be competitive.

One thing is for certain. Without Miller we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

Unfortunately Lack makes the most sense to move.

Trading Lack makes a lot of sense due to age and contract, and his ability. He's valuable to a team which is looking to win now and want some stability in goal from their back-up.

Markstrom shows a lot of promise, and could be better than Lack. He is also younger and cheaper, which makes him attractive to a team which is re-building now, or looking to address their goalie situation in the future.

Miller is valuable to pretty much any team, but his caphit could work aganist trading him. He would bring the biggest return, but trading him could present the Canucks with a lot of issues in their re-tool/re-build. If Miller says he wants out, then he is the guy traded.

In any event, I don't see there being a goalie moved until after the season is over.

regards,

G.

One thing is for certain. Without Miller we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

I don't think that's for certain at all. I think we'd be in relatively the same position with lack as our starter this year. Miller has been just ok and no where near the reason we're in a playoff spot at the moment.

I don't think that's for certain at all. I think we'd be in relatively the same position with lack as our starter this year. Miller has been just ok and no where near the reason we're in a playoff spot at the moment.

This team needs a veteran net-minder to make the playoffs. That's why Benning signed him. He wouldn't of signed him if he thought we could be in the spot we are now with Lack/Markstrom.

Lack/Markstrom? Yeah no way we make the playoffs with that tandem and it can't be proved otherwise.

Without Miller we would be in the outside looking in. If we trade him it would signal a rebuild.

I'm hoping there will be interest in Miller at the draft. He's been average so far for us, I'm hoping he performs well if we make it into the playoffs to boost interest.

I don't think trading him would signal a rebuilding phase at all, it would just say that we have more confidence in Lack and Markstrom going forward. Having them as a tandem would be the best thing for this organization as we can potentially build both of them up into starting goalies.

It would be an absolute shame to lose Eddie Lack for a 2nd round pick or a mid-rated prospect. We'd essentially be the NHL's best goalie factory that gets peanuts in return.

Moving Lack would be stupid beyond belief. Have we not thrown away enough good young goalies? Miller will not be here after his contract expires in 2 1/2 years. Has anyone really seen enough of Markstrom to give the reigns to him after Miller goes? No. Trading Lack for a rental would leave this team with a massive hole that won't do anything to help this team after Miller leaves. Gee, how about we keep the good young goalie we have and build him up to be the goalie of the future??

I would rather see miller moved but I know that's highly unlikely. Will see the fans really love Eddie which is good for ticket prices but u have to look at the long term. I'm not sure if Eddie can be as good as markstrom could be. I hope Eddie stays but if markstrom can prove he's as better that's fine with me. I think the big concern for fans is that we have an idea of what lack can do and a lot of fans haven't seen markstrom really play all that much. Only a few of us diehards have really seem much if any of him. I trust management will choose the correct path. Eddie just has a fun personality

Archived