The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGDT] Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers - February 19, 2015 4pm

Robongo

Higgins stays in and Kassian is sat? Wow. Does Higgins have a picture of Desjardins doing something unbecoming in Climax?

Maybe Kassian should play. But Higgins should not come out. He has been playing very well recently. Overall, his 26 pts in 55 games is not bad -- much better than Kassian's 11 in 32 games. And Higgins is tied for the lead among Canuck forwards with a plus/minus of +9 (compared with Kassian's -6, the worst on the team among forwards). And Higgins plays tougher minutes than Kassian.

Higgins is streaky in terms of offense but his defence is also good. And his career-low shooting percentage of 5.5% suggests that he has been unlucky. Regression to the mean would be expected to improve his performance further.

Maybe Kassian should play. But Higgins should not come out. He has been playing very well recently. Overall, his 26 pts in 55 games is not bad -- much better than Kassian's 11 in 32 games. And Higgins is tied for the lead among Canuck forwards with a plus/minus of +9 (compared with Kassian's -6, the worst on the team among forwards). And Higgins plays tougher minutes than Kassian.

Higgins is streaky in terms of offense but his defence is also good. And his career-low shooting percentage of 5.5% suggests that he has been unlucky. Regression to the mean would be expected to improve his performance further.

This also doesnt factor in ice time, offensive opportunity, role, and quality of linemates offensively though. I dont think comparing the two is really apples to apples.

I hope Kassian gets traded just so CDC can shut the hell up about him. My God, I haven't heard people whine so much about a player since... Cody Hodgson.

With that said:

4-2 Rangers. They're a better team than the Canucks right now and I don't see us beating them.

The Wild were a better team than the Canucks right now (last 10 games) and look what happened. :emot-parrot:

Ice time is the biggest motivator..usually the last resort but hope it work tomm with guys glad to be playing a pro level game. Hope my hotel has a record function..otherwise its GDT thread only lol.

I like Lack as a hot hand,Go Bo Go!,Burr playing disciplined and efffective with the Sedins is cool, No Name Defense-swarm in a cloud it will confuse them :towel:

The Wild were a better team than the Canucks right now (last 10 games) and look what happened. :emot-parrot:

I'm not saying we can't win. I'm just saying the odds aren't really in our favor. We have a decimated line-up and NY is on a hot-streak. Our only saving grace is that Lundquist is injured. Just have to hope our players show up with some heart.

whoa mother trucker this GdT is like a buttcheek on a stick dude

buttcheek on a stick..now that is definitely something I have never heard before. Thank you for your originality I guess, but what the fck does this even mean lol?

I hope Kassian gets traded just so CDC can shut the hell up about him. My God, I haven't heard people whine so much about a player since... Cody Hodgson.

With that said:

4-2 Rangers. They're a better team than the Canucks right now and I don't see us beating them.

I agree with both parts. When Kassian is playing at the top of his game, he's just plan bad. And he's been bad more often than not. Maybe after a trade he will put more effort into his game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

i like the canuck's last game

fairly solid play throughout

good positioning and puck possession

AV does seem to have the nyr playing their best against us though

but gotta back our boys

if they play with discipline and passion

that should be enough

and miller will be psyched

he'll be playing in his home state of many years recently

there is lots of intrigue

go canucks go

Archived