The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McMillan - mainstay?

S N Y P E R S 7

What are your guys' thoughts on McMill so far?

Is he good enough to stay, long term, or simply a temporary replacement?

Was impressive tonight, too bad he couldn't finish.

Seems to be assimilating into the system nicely; the question is if there are better players that may push him out.

I wonder if he is a part of Benning's future plans.

Agree, I think he is a depth forward and a capable call up.

The strength of the team is not the first couple of lines, assuming they are quality players, it is the 3rd and 4th lines. If we are to go anywhere in the playoffs our bottom 2 lines have perform better than the competition in order to win. Therefore players like McMillan may prove useful when we need them.

Sorry to see we picked him up, as I am sure some of the players for the Comets are [they are looking for a chance]. I don't get it, he is not the type of player they say they want [other than he is suppose to work hard]. Definitely his best game of the three tonight but so so only.

- He is not big

- doesn't hit

- has no points in three games and does not look dangerous

- doesn't seem fast

- one shot in three games

- NHL stats not impressive, a point every 5 games and -33

I get that we didn't pick him up to be a top 6 player, but the team has said that they want to roll all 4 lines and get production out of them all. He isn't likely to give it. I would get it if he was more like a Kenins type player, even without the production.

It's sad that we don't think there is anyone on the farm that is deserving of a call up for a few games to fill in until some of the guys come back.

Depth forward who can be slotted in when injuries occur. He is a smart acquisition because it means we don't have to drain Utica of all their players, denying them a shot at the post season. We already have stolen a bunch from their roster (including Markstrom now).

The first 2 games he was utterly invisible, but he made some good plays today. If he plays like that every night he will earn himself a spot as the 13th-14th forward.

Sorry to see we picked him up, as I am sure some of the players for the Comets are [they are looking for a chance]. I don't get it, he is not the type of player they say they want [other than he is suppose to work hard]. Definitely his best game of the three tonight but so so only.

- He is not big

- doesn't hit

- has no points in three games and does not look dangerous

- doesn't seem fast

- one shot in three games

- NHL stats not impressive, a point every 5 games and -33

I get that we didn't pick him up to be a top 6 player, but the team has said that they want to roll all 4 lines and get production out of them all. He isn't likely to give it. I would get it if he was more like a Kenins type player, even without the production.

It's sad that we don't think there is anyone on the farm that is deserving of a call up for a few games to fill in until some of the guys come back.

Or we don't want to ruin Utica's season by taking their most important players to fill temporary holes in our roster.

When the Canucks get some forwards he will most likely end up in the press box and there is also a chance he could go on waivers again. His role looks to be temporary since he's mostly been a non-factor. He's pretty much just out there to not get scored on. Today he was decent though and could have potted one had he finished on the break away, it would have been funny since in 3 games he's had only 1 shot and he'd have 100% shooting percentage with the Canucks so far.

He's got speed but doesn't have much in the way of hands. Nor is he very feisty but on the flip side he doesn't take penalties. He is playing 10 minutes on the 4th line as a depth player fill in. He is just 24 so he may be able to improve but as of now I don't really see a spot for him other than being extra skater when the teams healthy. I will be interested to see what end ups happening with him. It would be crazy if he's a late bloomer that goes on to be a really good player. Odds are it won't happen, but it's not that big of deal since he was picked up off waivers.

Though, I do like that he's a local kid who's trying to up his game by playing for his hometown team. I've kind of been under the impression that he's the stop gap in the very likely event that either Kassian, Hansen, Higgins, Richardson, Matthias, or a combo of that group gets traded for prospects/picks at the deadline.

He's good guy to have sit in the press box/play 4th line minutes but not much. I do, however, agree that it's a little disappointing that he's taking a spot over a guy in Utica, but at least he's a hometown guy. I'd rather have Alex Grenier, Dustin Jeffrey, Brendan Gaunce, Alex Freisen or Cal O'Reilly in his role right now, but those are the dices.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him be put on waivers in a week or two and get subsequently claimed back by the Coyotes. I don't think he's another waiver gem in the ilk of Ryan Stanton/Dale Weise.

Archived