The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we make the playoffs? Yes or No

Ronalds.Kenins41

Do we make the playoffs  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To finish with 94 points this season(it took 91 points to make the playoffs last year)

We now have 73 points in 60 games, so we now need 21 points in the next 22 games to get in the show.

That is now less than .500 to assure a spot

We also have more ROW than any of our close competitors so tying us would not help them they would have to beat us which sort of gives us another game in hand.

Another fact is we now have the best road record in the entire league with 19 road wins!

Taking into account that our road games cover more distance and time zones than any other team in the league, it is a great accomplishment

We are in a fantastic position to make the playoffs despite the injury problems we have encountered!

Where is that Minor League Willie guy now? Gone back to hiding under that bridge?

Update on the records teams need to finished the season with.

If 94 points is the playoff cut off number, here is what the teams need to finish the season with.

CHI - Games remaining 21 (8-12-1)

VAN -Games remaining 22 (10-11-1)

WPG- Games remaining 20 (10-9-1)

MIN- Games remaining 22 (12-9-1)

LA- Games remaining 23 (12-11)

CGY- Games remaining 22 (13-9)

SJ- Games remaining 21 (13-8)

DAL- Games remaining 21 (15-5-1)

COL- Games remaining 21 (15-5-1)

Outside of a miracle Stars and the Av’s are out of the running. That leaves 7 teams competing for 5 spots.

Not sure if you're a moron, or if you just enjoy screwing with people and getting people all wound up...

I used to think he was serious but now I think he's just playing some really positive and unrealistic optimistic character on the internet. Benning or linden wouldn't even call this team elite like he does.

Notice that things started turning around when Bieksa got hurt and was out of the line up. Not to dump on him but too many people think he is some type of top 2 defenceman. Not. Too many mistakes, too many give aways and really slowing down. Although the Bad News Bear crew that has been patched together recently makes mistakes they try and play a simpler game by just hammering the puck out of their own zone when pressured. No fancy stick handling or trying to go end to end with the odd exception. Yes, I would like Edler and Tanev back soon but I am not in a rush to see Bieksa out there. Flame away!

I will support you on that. I love Bieksa, but his top 4 days seem to be over. At least in the regular season. Come playoffs when the real hockey starts players tend to elevate or eccentuate the gritty and edgy aspects of their game. Juice obviously has these qualitities... so at present it's a nice opportunity for the other guys to step up, get some experience and give Beeker a rest. Come playoffs he'll be invaluable; moving up and down the d-core line-up.

My best guess for playoffs is that Vancouver will be in the top 3 for the Pacific, and 5 teams from the Central will make it.

San Jose is questionable and Calgary will likely fizzle out.

Once in the dance, who knows. This team is far better built for playoffs than the last 4 years.

Much more balanced. When the 'fourth' line contributes as often as they have, it's a good sign come playoffs.

Canucks will be making the playoffs. Unless they start playing terribly again, they've got a safe grip over San Jose and Calgary at the moment. I think Calgary will make it...look at their schedule they have left. A lot of nice Eastern teams they have. Calgary 3rd in the division, Canucks second would be my favourite match up.

I used to think he was serious but now I think he's just playing some really positive and unrealistic optimistic character on the internet. Benning or linden wouldn't even call this team elite like he does.

Sorry I've been 100% bang on in my assessment of the team all year. They're exactly where I had them pegged to be. Don't believe me go back to the prediction thread from August or September.

I can see LA overtaking us for 2nd in the Pacific but doubt we fall lower than 3rd in the division the way Calgary and San Jose are going. The Canucks seem to have turned the corner from the indifferent play of December and January and are really pulling together right now through these ridiculous injuries. There is a bit of a vibe about this team with all the depth and young talent coming forward. I say we could win a round or two if things continue like this. My preferred first round oppponent would be Chicago, for old time's sake and because we seem to have their number.

Sorry I've been 100% bang on in my assessment of the team all year. They're exactly where I had them pegged to be. Don't believe me go back to the prediction thread from August or September.

Your prediction and assessment skills are among the elite of CDC.

Sorry, I don't need to go back to your posts fom august or september. All it takes is reading your posts from this thread to see you're playing some positive caricature on the internet. I'm not here to judge why you do that though, but it's plain as day to see that you do. Maybe, you do it to combat the negative "trolls" you hate. I don't really care, but just knowing is enough to know it's pointless to engage in any serious discussions about the team with you.

Not only do we make the playoffs, we will make the SCF. We got 4 great lines when healthy, we got depth up front and on the back line. Lack will play unreal and prove that he's a starter. It'll be great to be underdogs because we'll surprise the teams that take us lightly. This is a team of destiny. I BELIEVE.

We've done that 3 times already. Do we win the cup this time?

Not only do we make the playoffs, we will make the SCF. We got 4 great lines when healthy, we got depth up front and on the back line. Lack will play unreal and prove that he's a starter. It'll be great to be underdogs because we'll surprise the teams that take us lightly. This is a team of destiny. I BELIEVE.

lol if 2011 didn't prove that this team is cursed and destined to never win the cup then I don't know what does

not to mention seeing one of our big rivals in Chicago win the president's trophy themselves in 2013 and then going on to win the cup against the very team we couldn't beat.

Sorry, I don't need to go back to your posts fom august or september. All it takes is reading your posts from this thread to see you're playing some positive caricature on the internet. I'm not here to judge why you do that though, but it's plain as day to see that you do. Maybe, you do it to combat the negative "trolls" you hate. I don't really care, but just knowing is enough to know it's pointless to engage in any serious discussions about the team with you.

Says the guy who came off the tank wagon after Miller's injury :picard:

Would like to see Calgary grab third ahead of LA but it doesn't look good. Canucks have three games against LA coming up, and unless they figure them out that could well put LA in second and Vancouver third. But who knows what could happen -- they could really dig down and give the Kings a run for their money in the first round. That is where LA would be most vulnerable to being upset.

Archived