The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eklund (I know) Canucks interested in Kadri?

Outsiders

If it's Bonino + a pick/prospect + a conditional pick

I know Benning said he doesn't want to trade picks, but we're getting a decently young player so it's not that different from picking someone in the draft.

Our top 6 would look pretttyy nice with Kadri and would look crazy good if we added another winger..

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Vrbata - Kadri - XXXX

Nah. I think we have a similar type of player in Vey, who I believe has enough offensive skills to develop to be nearly as good (if not better, who knows?) as Kadri whilst being better on other aspects of the game.

Beside, I would want my second line center to have some strength and grit as well as ability to make plays to put up around 50-60 points in a season; someone like Jordan Staal? Anyhow, I think Horvat will be exactly what we need in a second line center in a year or two anyways.

They're not remotely close to the same kind of player. Their frames may be, but Kadri isn't afraid to smoke guys(which he's pretty good at) and his two-way game has come a long way. He also doesn't get first unit PP time to pad his points and usually plays with scrubs. I actually like the way Kadri has been developing a lot, but the asking price isn't something that we can really afford to pay. There's no doubt he's a good 2C currently and is steadily improving

No to Kadri for Bonino as well. Bonino is better and only 2 years older. Makes 1.9m while Kadri will want over 3 most likely. Not worth downgrading from Bonino to Kadri just to get 2 years younger.

Lol cmon, Bonino is not better than Kadri. Bonino is a tweener C that is most likely better suited as a winger, as he proved in his time with Anaheim

I live in Toronto so I hear a lot of the media banter and Kadri is not getting moved. Mark Hunter really likes him and a lot of people figure he's goung to be the next GM.

Everyone haas a price and the only way Kadri gets moved is if somebody pays HUGE.

Not happening.

I am no Kadri fan we would be giving up way too much to acquire him he is not the 1 or 2 centre we are looking for I would rather we draft an develop one.Kadri has played more like a 3 c with the leafs no thanks but thanks anyways.I cannot see him play in the western conference he is not built for the west another lets push Philly reall hard for one of their centres, it would be better fit in our conference they are built for the west play

kadri will never be a number one guy. he is and always will be a number to at best. atleast bozak has better fo win % he is in the 50's kadri barely makes 40%. he can't take key draws in own end like bozak can. better to start with the puck then without it.

Kadri is a puck hog does not use his linemates an takes silly untimely penalties, plays prima dona pp minutes does not have get up an go starter sorry sorry please let this thread die now i will barf my morning coffee if management does a deal for Kadri.
There is nothing specactular about Kadri game please please go away again with nonesense

First of all, thanks for putting words in my mouth. I love it when people do that.

Secondly, I believe that Kadri is an upgrade on Bonino, with the potential to become even better than he is. Remember, he's only 24. It's great to speculate what will happen once(if) Horvat has solidified himself as the true No 2 center on this team, but that hasn't happened yet. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a little internal competition. Better yet if we could somehow move Bonino as part of the deal for Kadri. It would give TO a cheap stopgap at the center position while they retool/rebuild.

And we don't know what the price would be. At this point, TO's asking price is pure speculation.

Kadri is a good, young player, with the potential to get even better. I have no issues with us going after him (for the right price).

That being said, if TO targets Horvat, Virtanen, Demko, McCann, or our 1st this year, then forget it.

But that's just it. Of course they'll ask for one or two of those guys PLUS a younger roster player.

Which is what makes threads like this utterly stupid.

But hey, Outsiders and anyone else who create new threads for every two-bit Eklund rumour get to enjoy their five minutes of fame for starting the thread so why would they care.

Archived