The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] -McMillan,Volpatti,Schlemko,Ericsson,Zepp

Mackcanuck

Oops my bad. I'm always on Cdc from my android... So many threads too read, don't have time to review every typo lol

That was me apollo - I suggested picking up Pokka, or offering a 5th for Erixon when Chicago acquired Timmonen.

It probably would have been necessary though, because I doubt Erixon falls to the Canucks on waivers.

Chicago sure does some odd things with their blueline.

Right?

Sure they have to go for it now, but they've been giving away some pretty serviceable young D-men lately in favor of aging vets like Rozsival and Timmonen.

This could be the third young D-man we've taken off their hands in the last year.

Stanton likely tops out as a bottom pairing D-man at best, but I wouldn't rule out Clendening and Erixon from being 2nd pairing D-men.

Right?

Sure they have to go for it now, but they've been giving away some pretty serviceable young D-men lately in favor of aging vets like Rozsival and Timmonen.

This could be the third young D-man we've taken off their hands in the last year.

Let's hope he falls on the wire. I personally would have given up a late pick for him, but at the same time, the depth guys have done a good job so perhaps JB doesn't want to spend and then wind up waiving a guy like Weber?

McMillan was picked up to fill a short term need for the Canucks which he did. Longer term, he'll help out Utica.

That was the plan and right now is a good time to try and pass him through waivers because as we see, there are lots of other guys going on waivers too.

If he gets picked up, so what?

McMillan was picked up to fill a short term need for the Canucks which he did. Longer term, he'll help out Utica.

That was the plan and right now is a good time to try and pass him through waivers because as we see, there are lots of other guys going on waivers too.

If he gets picked up, so what?

Exactly my thoughts. We needed roster players. We had already siphoned Utica's roster, McM was a warm body that could step in. If he doesn't get claimed, Utica has a quality top 6 guy for their playoff run. If he does, no loss.

Well if we were to claim him someone else has to go. I'm not sure if messing with the line-up is worth it. He'll likely get claimed by someone though.

Wouldn't we just have to send Biega down.

Either way, it would only be until Monday after the deadline.

Archived