The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Toronto Maple Leafs @ Vancouver Canucks | 3.14.2015 | CBC | 4:00 PM PST

Brad Marchand

Glad Higgins is back.

Say what you will about his lack of production, but his defensive and forechecking game are stellar.

I'd much rather have him on the third line than Dorsett. Who I think is getting the Vey treatment right now from WIllie.

Agreed

If they don't beat Toronto tomorrow after TO played tonight and got spanked 6-3 by the Flames ,they might as well just go pack their bags for the golf course! A lose will also probably put them out of the playoffs by next week since L.A. is only one point behind and on fire!

Laffs thumped by Flames 6-3 today. Was 6-2 already by mid 2nd, so CGY basically got the two points in their back pocket in 30 minutes of work and took it easy the rest of the night. A perfect example of how to handle a bottom feeding team -- kill them early and swiftly.

The Laffs's season is basically over and is in late tank mode for a higher draft pick in June. The players lost focus and every day there is a soap opera (Reily's Twitter comment, Kessel vs. Media, Kadri's suspension...) in the dressing room. They have to fly to Vancouver tonight and the game starts at 4:00 pm tomorrow. There won't be easier two points ahead for Canucks, so every one of the positive sign is pointing to...

<_< ...

:huh: ...

:wacko: ...

... 0-0 in Rogers Arena at the end of the 1st. tomorrow.

Don't you mean 4-0 TO at the end of the 1st? LOL

Canucks will give up first two goals, both credited to David Booth who was the last player to touch the puck before Hamhuis and Bieksa both score into their own net. This will result in 20 pages or so of posters saying that the Canucks should fire everybody, trade everybody and try to get the first pick in the 2015 draft.

Threads titled Bieksa who needs him?, Hanhuis who needs him?, and Should we really have let Booth go? will sprout up like mushrooms on CDC..

Then the Canucks will run off seven unanswered goals and win 7-3 (Booth gets the hattie). This will prompt threads such as, The Cup is ours to lose, where should the trade route be? and forty pages of threads extolling the virtues of everyone in a Canuck uniform, Willie D, GMJB and the equipment manager.

Somewhere in there is an even keel and sober thoughts of what the next few years will really hold for this team.

Nothing beats fun.

Canucks will give up first two goals, both credited to David Booth who was the last player to touch the puck before Hamhuis and Bieksa both score into their own net. This will result in 20 pages or so of posters saying that the Canucks should fire everybody, trade everybody and try to get the first pick in the 2015 draft.

Threads titled Bieksa who needs him?, Hanhuis who needs him?, and Should we really have let Booth go? will sprout up like mushrooms on CDC..

Then the Canucks will run off seven unanswered goals and win 7-3 (Booth gets the hattie). This will prompt threads such as, The Cup is ours to lose, where should the trade route be? and forty pages of threads extolling the virtues of everyone in a Canuck uniform, Willie D, GMJB and the equipment manager.

Somewhere in there is an even keel and sober thoughts of what the next few years will really hold for this team.

Nothing beats fun.

Elaborate prediction

I have hated the leafs since they beat my Wings two years in a row for the SC back in the early sixties. I was eight at the time.

I cried my eyes out when Bob Baun came out on the ice with a broken ankle and scored the game winning goal to win the cup.

Since then, every screw up by the Leafs brings a smile to my face.

It been 50 years of mirth and happiness, interrupted for only brief periods when Sittler, Salming, Clark and Gilmour made the Laffs relevant.

Utica has a few back-to-back situations coming up. If Markstrom's just warming the bench here, then he is better off being used there.

However, this means we are running Lack into the ice. Risky. The TO game is where we should have just started Markstrom.

I agree but I guess we will get to see what Lack is made of. If he shows that he can refocus after a disappointing loss like that and helps the team win, we know we've got a future starter in Lack. If not, we will know that he still has some growing to do be a #1 goalie.

Against the Leafs? Should be Vey... and Dorsett. Probably Vey and Kenins though.

I cant wait till the off season so they hopefully move some of these redundant players and make room for some young guys..there is a real log jam now counting McMillan there are 3 press boxers tomorrow not counting about 3 D men as Weber and Bieksa are supposed to be back as well.....if Kassian and Kenins sit I might get sick.,

That i dont know. I am also confused as how we fan send markstom down because of a bad game and then bring erricson up under emergency call up. That makes no sense to me.

Markstrom is an injury call up already. He can only stay up a certain time before he needs to go back anyway. Then they can bring him up again.

Booth got 2 more goals tonight... He's on his best streak in years. Better keep an eye out for him and make sure we stop him in his tracks.

They probably bench him for Kadri because he may score one too many and help them actually win a game.

Laffs thumped by Flames 6-3 today. Was 6-2 already by mid 2nd, so CGY basically got the two points in their back pocket in 30 minutes of work and took it easy the rest of the night. A perfect example of how to handle a bottom feeding team -- kill them early and swiftly.

The Laffs's season is basically over and is in late tank mode for a higher draft pick in June. The players lost focus and every day there is a soap opera (Reily's Twitter comment, Kessel vs. Media, Kadri's suspension...) in the dressing room. They have to fly to Vancouver tonight and the game starts at 4:00 pm tomorrow. There won't be easier two points ahead for Canucks, so every one of the positive sign is pointing to...

<_< ...

:huh: ...

:wacko: ...

... 0-0 in Rogers Arena at the end of the 1st. tomorrow.

Don't you mean 4-0 TO at the end of the 1st? LOL

Hey I did say positive didn't I? And 0-0 is as low as positivity can get for us... :P

Archived