The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Toronto Maple Leafs @ Vancouver Canucks | 3.14.2015 | CBC | 4:00 PM PST

Brad Marchand

Toronto bias makes me sick!! They suck so badly yet we have to play at 4:00 in our own building. I have no issue with early games usually, but I work until 4:00 and will miss the 1st period. I won't be up to the minute until the 3rd probably. When you are watching the 2nd I will still be in period one. Oh woe is me.

Unless some alchaholic viewer(s) who happen(s) to be media claim this to be a guaranteed victory, we should win. If those media douche-bags think that motivation shouldn't factor in then they should never quote or mention great motivational speeches by former coaches etc. ever again.

Canucks take them seriously and win 5-2.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

C

If we can get some help from other teams tonight, and beat Toronto, it could be a huge night! Problem is, we lose, and teams don't do us any favors, it could be a very bad night. Anyway you look at it tonight is big!!

If we lose tonight then we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

I think we should try something different than Hamhuis-Sbisa though, Hamhuis hasn't look good recently. Weber is like Tanev since he's mobile, pretty good passer and solid defensively on his guy. Sbisa and Bieksa is a tough 3rd pairing, Stanton or Sbisa both are physical. Really liked Stanton and Bieksa last year but if Sbisa can be just as physical he'll be a better fit with his mobility.

I dont think Weber is good defensively.

Don't expect us to blow them out here.

They got embarrassed last night and are going to want to come back strong tonight. These guys are pros, and have pride after all.

The Canucks better not take them lightly. Attack them early and often and don't let up.

They got embarrassed last night and are going to want to come back strong tonight. These guys are pros, and have pride after all.

The Canucks better not take them lightly. Attack them early and often and don't let up.

Agree 100%, we need a full 60. Hopefully we get off to a good start and get the first goal. Great to see Higgins slot back in, his defensive ability was missed, as was Richardsons faceoff. I'm going to say 4-2 nucks! Daniel, Edler, Kassian and Horvat. Go get em boys!!!!!

All those who dumped all over me for suggesting Markstrom be sent down and Eriksson brought up... where are you?

He got sent down so he could play a couple games man, then will be called back up. Doubt Eriksson will get into any action. Not knocking on him, I really hope he stays with us next year and doesn't go back to Sweden.

Conversely having to start two games in 23 hours don't expect much push back if the Canucks get an early one. The start is massively important.

Never take anything for granted in this league. We paid for it in 2012, I'd rather not pay for it again with a playoff spot hanging in the balance. This team needs to stop playing down to the level of their opponents when it comes to facing bottom-feeders.

Just too bad it's not a permanent move eh? If it was then you could talk.

Unlike some around here who have grudges against players, I don't. I don't want to see Markstrom permanently down in the minors, I would like to see him succeed.

But it is obvious, both to the coaching staff and anyone who can see, the guy is not mentally ready.

He needs to regain his confidence in Utica.

If the coaching staff believed his gaffe against San Jose was an aberration, they would have started him against the Coyotes or tonight against the Leafs.

Hopefully if he strings some wins together in the AHL, he can be brought up later.

The fact Eriksson is playing well means the coaching staff doesn't have to keep a shaky goaltender as a backup.

---

By the way, I was right about Vey being benched too. Which was dumped all over too. :picard:

Toronto bias makes me sick!! They suck so badly yet we have to play at 4:00 in our own building. I have no issue with early games usually, but I work until 4:00 and will miss the 1st period. I won't be up to the minute until the 3rd probably. When you are watching the 2nd I will still be in period one. Oh woe is me.

Unless some alchaholic viewer(s) who happen(s) to be media claim this to be a guaranteed victory, we should win. If those media douche-bags think that motivation shouldn't factor in then they should never quote or mention great motivational speeches by former coaches etc. ever again.

Canucks take them seriously and win 5-2.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

C

If I have to hear a non stop "guaranteed win" night from the media all afternoon like we did with the Buffalo and Arizona games I'm going to barf. I highly doubt it influences the players even if they do listen, but it sets a general mood in the city. Especially with our history, not just this season, of tanking for the bad teams, where do they get off bragging about a win before it happens?

Archived