The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Reassign] Canucks reassign Corrado to Comets

CanucksAtHome

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=758813

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reassigned defenceman Frank Corrado to the AHL Utica Comets.

Corrado, 21, has appeared in 10 games with the Canucks this season, registering one goal (1-0-1). He has also appeared in 21 games with the Comets this season, collecting eight points (4-4-8) and 17 penalty minutes.

The 6’1”, 195-pound defenceman was originally selected by Vancouver 150th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Canucks reassign Frank Corrado to Utica Comets, to "get some playing time" as per Desjardins.

Did well when he stepped in. Best he gets more seasoning in the A instead of waiting and hoping for an opportunity here. Still isn't ready to be a regular imo. I mean he is but I'd much rather prefer he gets another year of development and then he can make a bigger impact once he gets the fulltime job.

Frankie hasn't seen too much ice this season with the injuries and press box -time as we have so many d on our roster. So this is for the best. He needs to get some more playing time. I have high hopes and expectations for him and I think this will do him good. Hope he has/can earn a top-6 spot next fall and won't be 7-8th d-man next year.

He's only played 31 games this season? Geez, what's the point of bringing these kids up and sitting them in the press box? Wasn't it JB that said we don't want to bring up any kids unless they're ready to stick and play in the NHL?

Total fail here by management on the handling of Corrado this year, should of just left him on Utica all year to play big minutes if they were gonna handle him like this.

Teams are permitted 4 call ups and they've just blown one of those call ups, for reasons I don't understand

They have injury/emergency call ups available beyond those 4 call ups as well. They'll be fine.

Rest assured, the team knows the rules too.

You'd think people would understand that, but no, plenty of people think they have less knowledge of how things work than a rookie CDC'er.

He's only played 31 games this season? Geez, what's the point of bringing these kids up and sitting them in the press box? Wasn't it JB that said we don't want to bring up any kids unless they're ready to stick and play in the NHL?

Total fail here by management on the handling of Corrado this year, should of just left him on Utica all year to play big minutes if they were gonna handle him like this.

He's been injured...

Queue the whining about Weber getting PT over Corrado.

I think I like corrados better than webber. Webber the better offence but I like corrados d. What's everyone else's thoughts? Truth be told I also can't work out if I prefer Stanton or webber.

Archived