The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

Bit of a tough first period but great second and third .

Love the fact Eddie was ready to go that's a character guy for sure .

Hamhuis has got to work at not giving the puck away so much but he plays hard .

Same effort in Phoenix and we're looking good !

I think Linden Vey is the unsung hero of this game. He made so many good plays and even broke up a potential break away.

That play by Vey was by far the best in the entire game. He saved a near certain goal. I've been harsh on him in the past, but kudos to him, he was amazing tonight.

Now beat Arizona.

Woah lets not get crazy.

this is what LA's looked like all year, beatable

that's why they're not in a playoff spot

now the Canucks know it

I'd love to knock the crown off of the LA Kings and do our part in blocking them from the playoffs this year. Make them pay for their arrogance for thinking they are so good they can coast for 2 months and still squeak in. Listening to the LA feed, last time they played, they already had a contest with playoff tickets as the prize.

Haha, we should make a new rule where you're banned next game if you're wrong.

Agreed!

That's the thing that really pisses me off, Either sport your team or GTFO! why do these guys bother, other teams have message boards also, go tell them how their team is apparently going to beat the team the you 'cheer' for.

Calgary gives the puck away to let Columbus score and loses in OT. They still got a point out of it, but this was a huge game for the Canucks trying to fend off the Flames and Kings.

Man would it ever be cool if Calgary, Winnipeg and the Canucks all made it. Then in the east, if Ottawa could pull it off, we'd have 5 Canadian markets in.

Last time I heard this kind of talk we wanted to face LA in the first round because they'd be an easier matchup than the Sharks.

I don't care who we play. As long as the team shows up and plays like this afternoon.

sure, but ive watched enough of these kings goons to know that even if the canucks beat them in the first round it will have a high physical cost on the team. The ability to stay fresh in the playoffs is huge...kind of makes me wonder if the Canucks could have finished off the Hawks in 5 or 6 if they would have withstood the Bruins punishment better in that last series.

I feel dirty for saying this, might even need a shower, but i hope the Flames make the playoffs....they would be an easier opponent than the Kings in a 7 game series.

Easier or not, I'd still rather have the Flames in, too. Kings can sulk out of the big show and start their decline. Canucks, Flames, and Jets on their way up in the west!

I think Linden Vey is the unsung hero of this game. He made so many good plays and even broke up a potential break away.

That play by Vey was by far the best in the entire game. He saved a near certain goal. I've been harsh on him in the past, but kudos to him, he was amazing tonight.

these healthy scratches have really given the team some timely energy

just look how burr came back after a short break, vey with one of his best games of the year tonight

Correction. Vey with "the best game of the year tonight".

Got the win, that's what matters. But this was a lot closer than it looked. Both goals we scored had to be perfect. Not much gets by Quick. First goal was insane. Second goal was insane too, and was 5 on 3. The other two were empty netters.

I don't see us ever coming close to beating the Kings in a 7 game series, no way. So I hope we get Calgary.

Archived