The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT....let the ascent begin

cuporbust

1983 Flames beat Canucks in division semi-finals. Stanley Cup - NY Islanders over Edmonton Oilers

1984 Flames beat Canucks in division semi-finals. Stanley Cup - Edmonton Oilers over NY Islanders

So 4/6 times

Bearing in mind that on CDC 4/6 can be "always", "never", or simply "troll" depending

Now that we clinched... Time to tank for a wildcard spot?

Vancouver is the best road team in the league and the crowd is still lack lustre although they've been better of late. Still the volume at the arena hasn't even reached what hawks and preds had in the first quarter of the season.

Again, I know it sounds stupid and probably is. But not having home ice, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Now that we clinched... Time to tank for a wildcard spot?

Vancouver is the best road team in the league and the crowd is still lack lustre although they've been better of late. Still the volume at the arena hasn't even reached what hawks and preds had in the first quarter of the season.

Again, I know it sounds stupid and probably is. But not having home ice, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Would rather start at home vs the flames though

I like Gaudreau and Monahan. But those two guys look like they'll be huge playoff performers.

If we get the Flames it's going to be an amazing and even series.

So I'm getting prepared to hate Johnny hockey after their next win.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but am I to understand that the following applies?

1) If the Kings make the playoffs, the Canucks will always finish 2nd in the division and have home ice advantage vs them... Even if we lose both remaining games.

2) If the Kings don't make the playoffs, we could lose 2nd place in the division to Calgary if we don't win at least one of our remaining games and Calgary wins one and gets an OT point.

3) Canucks cannot qualify as a Wildcard team... we can only qualify in 2nd or 3rd place in the Pacific.

So, can we all agree that if the Kings don't make it in that we should retweet that burn the Kings' account tweeted about us not making the playoffs last year?

No need to sink to their level. If they don't make it, I will be happy but at the same time, why do I and us Canucks fans have to give so much $hit about this Los Angeles team? Let's focus on us getting into the playoffs for some exciting games.

Archived