The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Player Media Availability Videos/Discussion

Zuongo

Some of you guys are pathetic. What do you want them to do burst into tears and say I'm unworthy of the "great Canuck fanbase?"

The media are just as butt hurt as many on here and some of their questions deserve a punch in the face, not an answer. I applaud them for talking up the Vancouver fans and media because imo many of them stink.

This team could have gone all the way to Final and barring a cup win we would have had this same pathetic circus.

I despair for our "fans" and media and I don't think some of them deserve this team or a Cup to be honest.

Wow..overreact much..?...Due to Kevins performance ,his age,and his contract...It was a valid question...He's an intelligent guy and didn't seem that upset by it,I think he knew it would be coming......This is professional sports and is a results driven business,it can be heartless.

Bieksa is mad sweatin' his days are numbered and he knows it. Won't be long before the regime makes him "disappear" for good...

Corrado and Clendening are both listed (on the CDC website) as being 6'0" and 190 lbs. That's smaller than Juice and not very intimidating. We need a Chara or Weber.

Matthias sounds as if he knows he won't be here next year, so he doesn't give a hoot. Bye-bye Matthias, take your giant frame with no physicality somewhere else.

I think that's just Matthias' personality, and that he indeed was uncomfortable, almost shy or not sure what to say.

Watched them all and I feel much better now.

I was pretty choked and angry... Still am just less though. Remembered how much I love every single player on this team. Win or lose... Can't be mad when you've got such great talent.

It's a shame they came up short this year... Again

Matthias did seem pretty dejected but who wouldn't when you haven't signed a contract. Richy handled it much better obviously.

Eddie seemed extremely down...

Miller seemed like his regular self...

Twins were confident as usual

Vrby seemed like he was biting his lips when they talked about him not playing much with the twins.

Not surprised that sbisa was hurt

Surprised that Hammer wasn't hurt...

You guys try to pick at every little thing. Sedins specifically said they don't want young players for the sake of having young players. They said that the young players better be good, and Bieksa said that the team could use a mix of vets and should not infuse young players just for the sake of it. Bieksa is a huge leader in the room.

What shocked me today was the amount of players who are in it for themselves, and I can't believe you guys think Bieksa is one of them. These players include Matthias, he needs to GTFO his real character came through today, absolutely garbage. Weber is another one of those journeyman players who had his moment and needs to go, similar to the likes of Rome or Diaz. Stanton is good as gone, tthat guy has no personality whatsoever seems like absolute joke. Kass, as much as I loved him is very immature and should probably be traded. Edler is someone who needs to step up as well and become a leader because he does not seem to have much either. Sbisa is interesting as he faced a lot of tough questions and may have something going there.

An interesting thing I picked up was how through out the season how the players talked about how immature Lack was, as in he did not take things to seriously, at first I thought it was funny but I feel like he's not on the same level as a Cory Schneider and we could probably pick up something decent for him. Vrbata was good, Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa were all good as well.

I love Horvat and really wish we could have gotten him without having traded Schneids.

The most improtant thing I learned today was how important leadership is as well as character which a lot of players on this team lack, the fact you guys want to trade Bieksa may help on the ice but it will not be good in the dressing room. Don Cherry knows whats up and after watch today's interview I realized he speaks the truth.

PS: Matthias rly pissed me off today, was probably stoned, no professionalism or honesty, something that Bieksa has in abundance alongwith a sense of humor, did no one notice the shot Gallagher took at him and he could've erupted but he didnt

I think you're putting way too much weight on how the guys were handling themselves. I agree partly with your post. I wasn't impressed with Matthias either. But our team doesn't really lack leadership. Our team lacks quality. You also don't have to be the loudest guy to have a good personality. Guys like Edler and Tanev are just shy guys, that doesn't mean that they don't care about the team. You can lead by example on the ice, not just in the lockerroom. Would you rather trade your best guy and keep the guy that isn't good enough, who happens to have a "strong personality"? You're not going to win anything by solely relying on that, nor is it better for you as a team. I also love Bieksas personality and all, he's a leader for sure. But the reason why people want him gone, is 1: He's not worth the money he's making 2: He's arguably not good enough.

Sorry, but it just seems like you're Bieksa's biggest fan or something. I doubt the difference in the lockerroom would be as big as you're making it out to be.

Wow I just heard what bieksa said, lol what a retard. The guy is so arrogant that in his mind he still thinks this core can do it even though they have tried like what? 5 times now??? He's just trying to keep his job so bad he doesn't care about the direction of this team at all. Imagine what's going through this guys head. We lost again in the 1st round and he's telling us this core doesn't need youth? Hahahah WOW and I thought juice was a leader. I swear 2 god I think he thinks we are still a presidents trophy team. If you are sooo right bieksa why didn't you prove it? No you couldn't the core is stale now and you need to shut up. Learn to be more like BO or something who's probably twice as humble and mature as you and half your age.

Sorry little rant here but I was watching this on tv and it made me cringe. Thank god Jim and trevor are our gm and president and juice isn't.

You need arrogance to win, not enough of that on this team. The most arrogant teams in the league by a wide margin have won the last 5 cups.

"We know we're getting older, we want to bring in young players to supplement the energy and skill level of our whole group" - Benning

Benning confirms Kenins injured his knee and his season is done. He will not join the Comets in their run.

"We're prepared for this year's draft. We have the 23rd overall pick and we're going to get a good player there" - Benning #Canucks

"We're committed to going down a path of getting younger and we're going to do that" - Linden #Canucks

"We're here to win the Cup and every decision we made was to achieve that. We didn't do that, so we question those decisions" - Desjardins

"We have depth in our prospect pool, so we're excited to see the summers these guys have and how they push for jobs" - Benning #Canucks

Canucks brass aren't going to rush youth in just for the sake of it.

Suck it, tank nation.

I am not in favor of the tank either. Benning was brought in to bring in his management knowledge when he was in Boston. Looking at Boston besides Seguin and Horton there really wasn't any early 1st round picks when they won the Cup (their core were 2nd or 3rd round picks).

So yeah if the organization brought Benning in to bring in the Boston Model then I guess the Boston model is successfully developing prospects regardless of what position they are in the draft.

Archived