The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Offers-Lack gaining Lots of Interest * with Source *

At this point, anything less than first for Lack will be disappointing. He is definitely comparable to Talbot, and better than Lehner (though Lehner still has loads of potential)

People are forgetting his age and remaining term on contract

Okay, if Lehner and Talbot are both going for 1st round picks, Lack shouldn't be traded for anything less than the 33rd.

With teams getting more urgent to throw bigger offers for Talbot, it can only get better for us.

When Lack becomes the last on the table, teams that didn't luck out will circle back and will have to offer equal sentiment as Benning by then already knows the need is high and can ask for quite a bit with the market for goalies dwindling.

People are forgetting his age and remaining term on contract

Aren't age and contract length identical between Lack and Talbot?

EDIT: Just realised you were responding about Lehner. But still, If Talbot is being offered a first, Lack shouldn't be far behind.

I think this is good, since Talbot asking price is too high, a team making an offer that gets rejected could just counter it right to us.

I think the Lehner trade helps raise the price and so does Talbot, since # teams interested is > than goalies.

I don't understand how Lehner and Talbot can fetch more.

Maybe I'm wearing my bias goggles.

We've seen Eddie play in the backup role for two seasons now and, other than Cory Schneider, he has been the best backup goaltender we've ever had. The guy keeps his off nights to a minimum, plays with a level of consistency that is rare for somebody with such limited experience. Yeah, maybe we are slightly biased, but I've managed to see a lot of Talbot and Lehner, and I still think Eddie is the best goalie available without a doubt.

Archived