The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

12 hours ago, yogolol said:

Without reading any other posts i thought Boeser had a decent game and this is the first time i've watched him play live but after all the hype he got on here I was expecting a lot more and he seems very slow, reminds me of dane fox kind of, slow skater with a heavy shot 

I see what you're saying and that Vrbata also fits the description, even Ovi. They don't really have the puck a lot on the o zone and pass it quickly when they they're not on the right side, as you can see they rely on their teammates heavily and, and then go to that dangerous spot waiting for a one timer. General style of play for snipers anyways.

4 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

I see what you're saying and that Vrbata also fits the description, even Ovi. They don't really have the puck a lot on the o zone and pass it quickly when they they're not on the right side, as you can see they rely on their teammates heavily and, and then go to that dangerous spot waiting for a one timer. General style of play for snipers anyways.

Watching the highlights, he provided a great screen on one of the goals. Don't see a lot of that at the J level

Boeser's skating is fine but he is very similar to Jake in trying to think the game maybe to much instead of going full bore for the puck board battle or the hit, etc.

Boeser actually kept Jake from getting an assist when Jake fed the puck to a wide open Canadian in front of a gaping net, Brock just got his stick on the puck at the last second sending the shot wide.

Brock may not be as fast as Jake but I seen him turn it on at least twice and he looked fine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser's skating is fine but he is very similar to Jake in trying to think the game maybe to much instead of going full bore for the puck board battle or the hit, etc.

Boeser actually kept Jake from getting an assist when Jake fed the puck to a wide open Canadian in front of a gaping net, Brock just got his stick on the puck at the last second sending the shot wide.

Brock may not be as fast as Jake but I seen him turn it on at least twice and he looked fine.

Just imagine if he adds that extra gear and explosive first step like Bo did though...

:wub::wub:

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Just imagine if he adds that extra gear and explosive first step like Bo did though...

:wub::wub:

Bo is going to be a special player, we still haven't seen his true upside, just about every game he creates his own breakaway, once he starts scoring on those the flood gates should open.

If Brock picked up a step or two over the next year or so, he should be NHL ready soon.

2 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

To me it looks like Boeser is going to be best served playing two years if collage hockey. His skating isn't bad but he will have troubles keeping up with the pace of the NHL/AHL

I don't think his skating is an issue considering his game is not about speed.

Edited by Blueberries

I don't know how you can form a complete opinion on a player based on seeing him play 1 game on tv. 

The fact that Boeser made team USA at 18 is pretty good and he was playing on the top line most of the time as well.  Granted he was 2nd choice for RW.  So the coach must think he's alright.  He did not play badly, he just didn't stand out in particular.

• Upvote 2