The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Some players just want to play hockey, like Horvat. He didn't bother with much negotiating, he just wanted a contract to play. Team player. The longer this goes on the more disappointed I'm becoming in Boeser. He's supposed to be a high character guy. Does he not think he'll make his millions? I can see other players like Laine and Tkachuk holding out, because they appear like entitled a-holes, but Brock? 

Horvat didn't sign until a few days before camp... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Some players just want to play hockey, like Horvat. He didn't bother with much negotiating, he just wanted a contract to play. Team player. The longer this goes on the more disappointed I'm becoming in Boeser. He's supposed to be a high character guy. Does he not think he'll make his millions? I can see other players like Laine and Tkachuk holding out, because they appear like entitled a-holes, but Brock? 

Look at the pictures and understand that Brock's a little preoccupied at the moment.  He didn't choose that, but he's certainly dealing with it.  So please keep that in mind when discussing his character.  He's a stand up individual of integrity.

It's not as pressing to get back to the job when a family member is in the hospital in a rough state.   It's not THE most important thing.  The more time this drags on, the more he's with his Dad - who can fault him for not being too caught up with rushing away from his side?

Come on now.

Plus, his agent is handling it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Look at the pictures and understand that Brock's a little preoccupied at the moment.  He didn't choose that, but he's certainly dealing with it.  So please keep that in mind when discussing his character.  He's a stand up individual of integrity.

It's not as pressing to get back to the job when a family member is in the hospital in a rough state.   It's not THE most important thing.  The more time this drags on, the more he's with his Dad - who can fault him for not being too caught up with rushing away from his side?

Come on now.

Plus, his agent is handling it.

So refreshing to see a post like this. 

I understand the disappointment over the fact that Brock hasn't signed yet, but seeing people go after the kid's character for it, especially when, like you said, he has an ailing father that he's trying to spend time with before the inevitable happens, is really disheartening. Imagine being in that position. The season is about to get underway, a season in which you're going to be spending the majority of your time in another country, and your father becomes deathly ill, and all of the sudden you don't know how much time he has left. I wouldn't blame him one bit for wanting to drag this process out a little in order to spend time with his father, who, not to be morbid, is very likely not long for this world.

• Like 1

I feel for Boeser and his family, but as many have said it is his agent that is handling things,  Boeser could have asked for a personal leave and still signed his contract. I am almost positive the Canucks would have granted it.  Boeser as we all know wants to be back playing so hopefully it will be soon as his Dad seems to be somewhat on the mend.  

Welcome back Brock Boeser!!!!

I think you are an integral part of this team.

I think you have not yet shown just how good you can be... your first season was cut short by that devastating injury and last year you were handicapped in having to recover.

This year will be your breakout year.

I predict more goals, more assists and a real partnership with Elias Pettersson which will dazzle the NHL.

-------

What does CDC think?   Will he show the NHL the first half of his first season was just a blip or will this be the year he lays the smackdown on the league!

• Thanks 1

I think if he plays with Pettersson he's not going to have a chance to be bad, even if he hits "slump"-like status. Petey is good enough to drag somebody's slump away for them.

Regardless, he's gonna post some nice goals I think. I'm very excited.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

As much as I like this deal, I think the Canucks are going to be sorry for underestimating him and he's gonna score over 40 goals.  We'll be paying over 9 Mill/year in the next contract.

will be glad to pay him 9mil/year if he scores over 40 goals

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

As much as I like this deal, I think the Canucks are going to be sorry for underestimating him and he's gonna score over 40 goals.  We'll be paying over 9 Mill/year in the next contract.

I really hope you're right. I hope we have a 9m/ season worthy player on the team.

Because by taking the deal he just took, maybe he decides 8.5 is enough. Or 8... and the rest of the team can be built around that/him. Not that he had a mountain of leverage in this deal, but he probably could have held out for slightly more money, wasted a week or a month doing so but he got a respectable deal done with still enough time in main camp to get some workouts in and be on the same page as everybody as a team.

My opinion on him has definitely improved, not just as a player; if he's a team guy, that's as golden as his flow.

• Upvote 1

Super glad this is done and out of the way!

Really impressed with Benning, considering the kind of dough that being paid to top players of late. This really helps take some of the crunch out of the cap facing the Nucks.

Good deal for everyone! 

Now get out there Brock, and show everyone what you're really worth! We all know you can do it!

• Like 1