The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I honestly think he will be given a long look next year if he doesn't go back the UND. That shot he has is unreal and we need a shot like that on the PP

He won't be in camp unless he signs and leaves school. That'll likely happen after next season, not this. One year in the NCAA usually isn't enough for kids.

He has to get the same skating coach that horvat and Gaunce had. Cassels need to take the class as well.

Boeser's skating is more like Horvat's in that it isn't bad per se just lacking "explosiveness". Unlike Gaunce and Cassels who - when they were drafted - were actually quite sluggish skaters.

Two years of college and some power skating in the summers should clean his skating up just fine.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58684&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210390365&DB_OEM_ID=13500

^

3 points for Brock in an Exhibition win. He should be a huge part of their offense. UND starts next week.

nice quick release..

By Golly!!!! Brock's new nickname is Boomhower. .....King of the Hill.

Looks and mumble talks the same.

Can't wait to see this kid at WJC and develop

• Upvote 1

Cause Horvat has turned out to be a horrible pick.

No but Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, and to some degree Gaunce have ranged from flat out busts to "meh". Horvat is Gillis' one strong first round pick, with the jury still out on Shinkaruk.

Certainly it is waaaaay to early to conclude Boeser was a "win" (even though I argued for him at our spot) but the bar hasn't been set terribly high by the previous regime. Ignoring Virtanen because Gillis never had a pick as high as 6, the early viewings of McCann (24) and Boeser (23) seem better than Gillis' run of early-mid 20's picks.

But it's still early so at this point it's just impressions really.

• Upvote 4

Yup Gillis drafted one decent NHLer, as of now, so that means he is the best drafter in the history of drafting. Forget all the drafts he wasted picks, because he drafted Horvat.

Corrado Hutton and Gaunce will be NHL players. Shinkaruk has a chance as well. He got tanev for nothing as well. He made some gaffs but he wasn't a horrible gm by any means.
  • Upvote 1

Corrado Hutton and Gaunce will be NHL players. Shinkaruk has a chance as well. He got tanev for nothing as well. He made some gaffs but he wasn't a horrible gm by any means.

Never claimed he was a bad GM but people saying his drafting isn't bad because of Horvat is a joke. All of those players you named either aren't in the league, or as far as Corrado goes is only there because of waivers. Hutton has been a real gem so far but I am not gonna call him a Boom player until he plays some real games, same with Shink. Tanev has nothing to do with drafting but that was a great pickup.

Never claimed he was a bad GM but people saying his drafting isn't bad because of Horvat is a joke. All of those players you named either aren't in the league, or as far as Corrado goes is only there because of waivers. Hutton has been a real gem so far but I am not gonna call him a Boom player until he plays some real games, same with Shink. Tanev has nothing to do with drafting but that was a great pickup.

Acting like Gillis couldnt draft is nuts, he had some misses as every GM in the history of the NHL has but hes brought in a number of good young players, Horvats not the only one by any stretch but hes the most obvious example.

I like McCann alot, Virtanen could really be a good player, and I really really like Brock Boeser alot I was glad we got him, but none of them have played a significant amount of pro hockey yet so lets slow the roll on proclaiming Benning a drafting god.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1