The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Here we go again, Hutton wasn't going to sign, Subban wasn't going to sign and now Boeser might not sign.

The 1040 guys saw him 3 hours after the draft with his family and he was still wearing his Canucks gear and his Twitter profile picture has him in a Canucks jersey.

It's like 1/2 of CDC has abandonment issues...

More silliness about this guy leaving the Canucks for the Wild eh? I don't think that he will, because I think that he will make the Canucks roster before he finishes school and will look at making his money playing hockey while he's young.

The other reason I think it's tripe, is that the Wild picked 20th and didn't take Brock. The kid just comes off as too humble and loyal to pull a stunt like that.

Agreed

If the reputation really starts circling around NCAA players like that (which it already is in a strong way) and we see those issues like we did with some of the NCAA players opting for free agency or a redraft or whatever it is in the CBA than we will see NHL teams simply stop drafting NCAA players entirely much like so many shy away from Russian players for the same reasons.

The NCAA and the players that play under it in a collegiate format will NOT risk a potential future as a group based on what ifs and rumours due to a few rumours and one or two entitled players.

Boeser will be a gem for us. Happy we have guys staggering our draft prospects like that. CHL, Euro and NCAA allowing us to draft and develop players at staggered rates instead of having the same age and level ready prospects at the same times