The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That they were acquired by trades.

And I wouldn't mind trying to acquire Goligoski via UFA this summer. Especially if we can manage an Edler for Hamonic trade. 

Goligoski/Yandle, Hamonic

Sbisa, Tanev

Hutton, Bartkowski/UFA 

Pedan/Tryamkin

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/01/2016 at 5:40 PM, Alflives said:

Q league Dman.  Can't say I'm too excited about that.  Is it not a soft league?

And the scoring is inflated. Guilliaume in Benning's eyes looks like a poor man's Pietrangelo. Good size, good hockey IQ, average scoring ability, but more of a shut down player. This is wishful thinking obviously. It does say something about the kid that he's captain of Arcadia, especially at his age.

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

And the scoring is inflated. Guilliaume in Benning's eyes looks like a poor man's Pietrangelo. Good size, good hockey IQ, average scoring ability, but more of a shut down player. This is wishful thinking obviously. It does say something about the kid that he's captain of Arcadia, especially at his age.

Goalies and shut down D must get a real workout in the Q.  Maybe as a shut down D that's a good thing to come from the Q?

• 2 weeks later...
On January 23, 2016 at 3:40 AM, Alflives said:

Q league Dman.  Can't say I'm too excited about that.  Is it not a soft league?

You should be.

We got him with a value pick, he plays a great all round game, on a crap team, captain, eats minutes, has a great attitude and has a great chance of becoming an NHL player for us.

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

You should be.

We got him with a value pick, he plays a great all round game, on a crap team, captain, eats minutes, has a great attitude and has a great chance of becoming an NHL player for us.

He's kind of funny looking (I should know  :shock:) and has a strange name though.  

Since you shot down my idea so easily, I had to come back with something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scored his 8th of the season recently 

HF Ranking Spring 2016

12. (14) Guillaume Brisebois, D, 6.5C
Drafted 3rd round, 66th overall, 2015

As the captain of the Titan, Brisebois was determined to lead his team to a better finish in 2015-16 than the last place finish that the Titan produced in 2014-15. Brisebois and company have managed to get the team out of last place and has them currently holding a playoff spot in theQMJHL. Whether the Titan make some noise in the playoffs or not, the 2015-16 season should be considered a success as the Titan become relevant in the QMJHL once again. Brisebois will likely return to the Titan again for the 2016-17 season and try to lead the team deep into the playoffs. Brisebois is looking like he has top-four potential and if he continues to improve his all-around game there will be a spot waiting for him in Utica once he wraps up his junior career. With a little bit of minor league seasoning the Canucks will have a solid two-way defender in Brisebois one day.

...really like watching Brisebois and I think we have an underrated gem in him.

He does a little of everything well and can be relied in all situations. He's a bit lanky but being a kid, he should fill in as he continues to develop and turn pro eventually though it doesn't effect his game negatively as he uses his frame to angle opponents successfully. Reminds me of Tanev in that sense. Was 0.4p/g player last year and this year has improved to 0.5p/g. 

People have to consider that just like last year, Brisebois still plays on one of the Q's worst teams. Yet he is a stand out player, given the C this year, and leads as well as he plays. He'll never be a guy who will wow you in any department of his play but having such a well rounded overall game, he should be able to find NHL success with the habits and traits he possesses. I honestly see him as a 3rd pair/possibly 2nd pair dman if he continues to develop and pans out.

• Upvote 1