The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

I think Boeser was more off the board than advertised and the trade for Bärtschi was a mistake, but that's me. We're just going to have to wait and see on the Benning/Linden plan unfolding, if there is one.

How is the Baertschi trade a mistake? You'd be lucky for a 2nd round pick to ever come close to his numbers in jr and the AHL.

Wait till this season when he makes you eat your words. He's going to put up 35-45 points in his first real season and top out around 60 imo.

• Upvote 1

People have short memories and they know that. Like Aaron Ward called them out recently after what they said last year and now reversed themselves unapologetically -- revisionist history. This time next year or into the future they'll be saying, "Oh yeah, we just knew these kids from 2015 were going to be great" and few will challenge them let alone remember what they said.

• Upvote 1

"Worst draft in Canuck history."

Dave Pratt

Pratt is not really a sports guy, he is just a paid mouthpiece trained to cause ruckus among the flock. This guy manufactures stories and never backs up his arguments with tangible evidence. I am ashamed that this guy reps the nucks on TSN radio, but then what else do you expect from the Toronto Sports Network to hire a schmuck to cover the nucks.

• Upvote 1

Pratt is not really a sports guy, he is just a paid mouthpiece trained to cause ruckus among the flock. This guy manufactures stories and never backs up his arguments with tangible evidence. I am ashamed that this guy reps the nucks on TSN radio, but then what else do you expect from the Toronto Sports Network to hire a schmuck to cover the nucks.

Bingo.

Edit: Sorry....I had him at 15...was going off of memory.

Sure...

1) McD

2) Eichel

3) Hanifin

4) Provorov

5) Strome

6) Zacha

7) Marner

8) Werenski

9) Rantanen

10) Crouse

11) Barzal

12) Meier

13) Connor

14) Chabot

15) Boeser

16) Konecny

17) Svechnikov

18) Guryanov

19) Zboril

20) Eriksson Ek

21) Merkley

22) White

23) DeBrusk

24) Roy

25) Harkins

26) Bittner

27) Samsonov

28) Sprong

29) Beauvillier

30) Meloche

It looks like you had Boeser rated approximately where the Canucks had him rated.

Edit: Sorry....I had him at 15...was going off of memory.

Sure...

1) McD

2) Eichel

3) Hanifin

4) Provorov

5) Strome

6) Zacha

7) Marner

8) Werenski

9) Rantanen

10) Crouse

11) Barzal

12) Meier

13) Connor

14) Chabot

15) Boeser

16) Konecny

17) Svechnikov

18) Guryanov

19) Zboril

20) Eriksson Ek

21) Merkley

22) White

23) DeBrusk

24) Roy

25) Harkins

26) Bittner

27) Samsonov

28) Sprong

29) Beauvillier

30) Meloche

Good list. Stoked my Devils and Canucks got Zacha and Boeser respectively. Although I haven't made a list, I think I'd have both around the same spots. Wasn't crazy about the defensemen, and Boeser was one of the best wingers

On the days of the draft and immediately after the less knowledgable and chicken littles were complaining about every pick.

The simple fact that most of them didn't know who Boeser was or thought he was a poor pick should tell everything we need to know. Personally, I had him at 16th on my list so I was ecstatic with the pick.

There is a certain contingent of headhunters on this site who will be constantly calling for firings because they can't undestand why the team doesn't do everything the way they would personally. They're idiots is what I'm saying.

You said it bud.

• 4 weeks later...

Chicoutimi any good? Anyone know?

They'll probably be around the middle of the pack in the Q this season. Regardless, it sounds like Zhuk is a lock to play in the top-6 (and very possibly on the top line), so he'll definitely be getting his minutes.

Chicoutimi looks to be on the rise though, which is good news!

They'll probably be around the middle of the pack in the Q this season. Regardless, it sounds like Zhuk is a lock to play in the top-6 (and very possibly on the top line), so he'll definitely be getting his minutes.

Chicoutimi looks to be on the rise though, which is good news!

I'm liking it. Hopefully he gets loads of minutes, rips it up. Definitely an interesting prospect.

• 2 weeks later...

The Q started their preseason already. Zhuk scored a goal in their first game last Thursday!

Hey, thanks for the update. The guy is going to be a great pick. His game is puck pursuit, and skill in small places. He will do even better on the smaller ice, especially as his body fills out. Don't be too surprised if he's not one of the best two way players in the Q this season. Another great pick by Benning!

Just looked at the stats he was a -2 though :frantic::sadno::shock:

PANIC :bigblush:

Ha! I figured I'd leave that part out. but to add to the stat line from the game, he was just under 50% on faceoffs (6/13) and went first for his team in the shootout, though he didn't manage to convert.

Is this true! Video? :towel:

Not that I know of.

Edited by wshdrvvn