The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

Umm, neither Daniel or Zhuk drive to the net per se, that's more of a power forward move. But it's true that both fight for spots to get open in front of the net. Daniel lost some of that over the years but since he constantly got cross-checked with no call I can't exactly blame him. And then there's that Keith thing. However, Daniel looked rejuvenated last year--including in the playoffs--and both Sedins are good guys for Zhuk to learn from.

Umm, neither Daniel or Zhuk drive to the net per se, that's more of a power forward move. But it's true that both fight for spots to get open in front of the net. Daniel lost some of that over the years but since he constantly got cross-checked with no call I can't exactly blame him. And then there's that Keith thing. However, Daniel looked rejuvenated last year--including in the playoffs--and both Sedins are good guys for Zhuk to learn from.

I can't disagree with any of your points. I've been a huge Sedin fan from their first days here. I agree that the Twins will be good mentors for Zhuk, and all our young guys. I do see Zhuk as being a super player, who we will see play great in the Q this year.

You're mad you don't know the secret about the thread : :D

Some secrets can stay secrets...

But back to Zhukenov, he had a good preseason and I'm excited to see how he does carrying that into the regular season. I love his skill level and it'd be great to have more of that top level offensive talent in the system.

Jeremy Davis@jeremydavis89 Sep 4

#Canucks prospect Dmitry Zhukenov finishes the 2015 @QMJHL pre-season with 6 points (3-3), 10 SOG in 5 games, winning 52.6% of faceoffs

my personal favorite from todays game vs the jets. i like the way he plays a lot!

Hes been the surprise so far for me. I knew he had good offensive instincts, but I was pleasantly surprised by his two way play. He always seemed to get a stick on passes.