The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Dood is great in his own age group. Hope to see him play in NA soon! If he goes to the CHL for next year it will probably be to a contender because he's only available for 1 season. Hope it's London honestly.

This kids advisers gave him bad advise. he should have been in NA this last season

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

This kids advisers gave him bad advise. he should have been in NA this last season

If he had played in the top Czech league and succeeded, it would have been better fir his development, but unfortunately that didn't happen. 

A year in the CHL would be great for him. He is technically eligible to play in the AHL if he signs a contract this offseason. What he shows at the Rookie Camp in July will likely determine where he lands next year. I think he was hoping to be up in the top Czech league all year this year but it didn't happen. He's dominate against his own age group in his own country... which says something but not everything. Once he's playing with some of the best players in his age range in the CHL, we'll likely get a better idea of what kind of player he is... hopefully this kid is a gem, we need more late round gems to turn out well if we want this rebuild to go quickly and not end up like an Edmonton disaster. (I trust Benning with his drafting... that's for sure!)

9 hours ago, Derp... said:

If he had played in the top Czech league and succeeded, it would have been better fir his development, but unfortunately that didn't happen. 

Because he wasn't ready for that league, now he's made himself look like a idiot. He had to be in a league that (A) challenged him (B) gave him a chance to succeed (C) put him in a league where he could be compared with others of the same age group

10 hours ago, Derp... said:

We are not going to hit with our picks, especially the middle to late rounds.  This guy doesn't work out - big deal.  Time to move on.  Hey!  Maybe JB could trade him to another team for a second or third round pick, or one of their top prospects?  :lol:

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Because he wasn't ready for that league, now he's made himself look like a idiot. He had to be in a league that (A) challenged him (B) gave him a chance to succeed (C) put him in a league where he could be compared with others of the same age group

Looks like Benning is an idiot for letting McCann and Virt play in the NHL

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Hope he plays somewhere in the CHL next season.

This. He won't be AHL ready just yet I don't think, but the CHL would be a great transition for him.

And I love Google translate and the "I think" this is what it says responses. Nice to see him get the best forward award though.

26 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

This. He won't be AHL ready just yet I don't think, but the CHL would be a great transition for him.

And I love Google translate and the "I think" this is what it says responses. Nice to see him get the best forward award though.

Why do you figure he's not ready for the AHL? Because of his inability to crack the men's lineup? I see logic there, but I also wonder if he'd be better off in the CHL. He's dominating kids in Europe, so there's a good chance he wouldn't be overly challenged at the CHL level, too. 

That said, it could be hugely beneficial for learning the rink size, NA systems and style, as well as the culture and language among his age group.

I guess my bias towards the AHL is built off CanucksArmy articles where former writers argued for putting a player in a position where they have to succeed to stick. The idea there being that X's skill increases as they are challenged more. 

Ah, but again, I'm caught flat footed, because I can't speak to Jasek's true talent level - never watched him. That raises a question for the board - has anybody watched the kid, and if so, is he ready for the AHL?