The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Phil Kessel to Penguins

Pittsburg robbed toronto. Don't know why toronto added all the propects and the pick lol

Kessel will get 50 next year easily. He is also notorious for having good playoffs/tournaments so it could be a really good move for the penguins.

I'm surprised the Leafs didnt get Pouliot especially when he is highly regarded as a top dman in the league, potentially a PK Subban type maybe. But overall anytime you dump a salary that is as big as Kessels you will always be the winner. Leafs hands down are winners

I'm surprised the Leafs didnt get Pouliot especially when he is highly regarded as a top dman in the league, potentially a PK Subban type maybe. But overall anytime you dump a salary that is as big as Kessels you will always be the winner. Leafs hands down are winners

Huh how'd you figure? Kessel is a 27 year old 40 goal scorer.

Bad deal for both teams. Penguins give up too much for an overrated, lazy floater, while the Leafs yet again make the ultimate mistake and retain salary long-term.

The guy does know how to score goals though you have to give him that.

Great Trade Burke, two firsts and a second for him from Toronto.

So instead of holding onto Toronto's picks he blew those draft picks. And blew even MORE draft picks to bring Hamilton to Calgary.

Insane.

As I said. Mario. Sell buddy! Sell!!!!

Great Trade Burke, two firsts and a second for him from Toronto.

So instead of holding onto Toronto's picks he blew those draft picks. And blew even MORE draft picks to bring Hamilton to Calgary.

Insane.

As I said. Mario. Sell buddy! Sell!!!!

You're trying a little too hard here - and btw, Treliving is Calgary's GM.

Only problem is Toronto needed to retain salary. Otherwise it is a solid deal all around. If you discount the fact Pittsburgh should maybe hold onto some prospects. Trying desperately to buy a cup it seems. Kessel and Crosby/Malkin is deadly on paper though. If you see what Kessel has done with Bozak and Kadri as his "number 1" centres you have to admit it was pretty impressive.

Archived