The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Matt Bartkowski

• 2 weeks later...

Why does Benning only sign players the management or coaching staff have a personal history with? It is getting pretty comical at this point.

It looks like we are going to tank next season, yet we are still going to be right at the cap. Ownership isn't going to like that, I'll be gracious and give Benning two more seasons.

L

So far this was the only good move this offseason.

The rest have looked BAD. Especially prust.

k.

Bonino's really lighting it up in Pitts right. Lmhywt - no points. Sutter, a goal and an assist.

Prust has 3 points in 4 games - and sucking the energy out of other team's buildings with prudent clutch and grab scraps.

Try again.

Bart is been skating great getting the puck up and out of our zone..t

he's a weird player

he is honestly one of the best defenseman i've seen at skating the puck up through the neutral zone, but he has no instincts when he gets into the offensive zone, and then doesn't backcheck hard enough often causing a forward to have to cover deep down. struggles with his positioning defensively as well.

hamhuis has been pretty weak so far this season though. i don't know how much of that is bartkowski, but i think they've been our two "worst" D so far just because they've been our biggest pylons. maybe hamhuis' hip is worse off than initially thought, and he won't be able to skate like he used to.

he's a weird player

he is honestly one of the best defenseman i've seen at skating the puck up through the neutral zone, but he has no instincts when he gets into the offensive zone, and then doesn't backcheck hard enough often causing a forward to have to cover deep down. struggles with his positioning defensively as well.

Pretty much. Such a nice transition game, horrible at pinching and pretty bad offensively. Unless he adapts over the season, he's not going to be a great defenseman to have in a playoff series.

Archived