The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Matt Bartkowski

Edler and Hamhuis are going to start on the left side for sure. Bartkowsky and Sbisa have both played on both sides at one time or another. If Bartkowsky is used on the left, then Sbisa will play on the right. The only for sure combo seems to be Edler-Tanev. I will be interested to see the opening pairings.

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa/Weber

Bartkowsky-Weber/Sbisa

I'm not sure if I like those options.

Hamhuis-Barkowsky/Weber

Sbisa-Weber/Bartkowsky

Is that any better as far as options go? Time will tell. This seasons mantra!

Corrado will also get a share of starts. Maybe that is why they are taking a look at Bart on the left. Still trying to find the best possible combos.

I still like our depth on D. I'm not as doom and gloom as the media and many of the fans.

In the CGY game I thought Bartkowski looked pretty decent on the left.

I bet Weber and Corrado will be interchanging as scratches often throughout the season, Weber played 65 games last year, but that was a career high, decent chance he plays less this year IMO, unless the Canucks have a string of injuries.

So far this was the only good move this offseason.

The rest have looked BAD. Especially prust.

I agree the Kassian trade at the time, and still, look awful.

But the Bonino for Sutter trade still looks good to me. As does this Bartkowski signing. Adam Cracknell is awesome depth. Jones was a good replacement for O'Reilly. Eddie Lack and Bieksa trades weren't great or awful, but better than having a GM who doesn't move assets for futures if he can't win the jackpot in a trade. I thought the Canucks made some pretty good later picks with Brisebois, Zhukenov and Olson. Training camp has shown a lot of youth needing room, so JB not signing vets needlessly was a good non-move. Canucks have a ton of cap space going into next off-season. Things aren't going that badly.

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

For those who just tuned in, this all started because I said Bartkowski is a top-4 quality dman. Feel free to comment on that and ignore TOML :)

So by posting a meme and re-stating your flawed opinion, you've upgraded the quality? :picard:

Good job.

However, on this team Weber is now called a top-4 quality dman and everyone seems to think Bartshi is top-6. Ze bar is low.

He is not a top-4 and our defence is in a sad state which will become more and more clear throughout the season. I am a little hopeful about Hutton but that's about it. I began to think late last season that Hammer has lost a step and it's still looking that way. This could be a tough year. Bart is ok, but nothin to get overly excited about.

So by posting a meme and re-stating your flawed opinion, you've upgraded the quality? :picard:

Good job.

However, on this team Weber is now called a top-4 quality dman and everyone seems to think Bartshi is top-6. Ze bar is low.

We've moved on TOML. If you want to cry in the corner, you can do that elsewhere.

Every game thus far Bartkowski has stood out as our most mobile defenseman. He carries the puck well, moves it laterally across the offensive blue line to open passing and shooting lanes. He even made the occasional hit. Glad we got him.

We've moved on TOML. If you want to cry in the corner, you can do that elsewhere.

Every game thus far Bartkowski has stood out as our most mobile defenseman. He carries the puck well, moves it laterally across the offensive blue line to open passing and shooting lanes. He even made the occasional hit. Glad we got him.

Are we now? Well thanks for letting us know. Oh wait, you posted more about it, so I guess we're not?

I'm glad we got him too. As we clearly needed more serviceable depth on defense. I wonder if he'll replace Weber in our 'top-4' though.

edit: I retract this and fall back on my original statement. " :picard: This is not even worth arguing about." And that's correct. Cheers.

While I haven't agreed with TOML in a lot of things, you're not exactly making yourself look better at the moment.

It's great to be optimistic, but can we see how Bartkowski does instead of trying to destroy someone else's sandcastle and throwing sand in their eyes while claiming to be in the right to do so?

Please grow up.

While I haven't agreed with TOML in a lot of things, you're not exactly making yourself look better at the moment.

It's great to be optimistic, but can we see how Bartkowski does instead of trying to destroy someone else's sandcastle and throwing sand in their eyes while claiming to be in the right to do so?

Please grow up.

You might want to check the order of events before donning your white armour:

If only what you posted ever meant anything.

Why not just label him a potential 1st-pairing defenseman and boost his fictional upside even further? Based on one so-so preseason game, the sky is the limit!!!1!

TOML just decided to fling his $&!# all over a thread like he usually does then reverted to smarmy one liners because he felt he was too good to justify his views. But he never took his own advice and stopped arguing about it, he just kept on churning out insults so I kept teasing him.

I love that this white knight metaphor makes TOML a damsel though, so thanks for that.

Archived