The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford FIRED

Scorpyqc

For all the people saying that CDC "aren't GMs or management" and therefore their disagreement with Benning holds no weight, I hope they not that these guys did have significant NHL experience and were against the moves Benning made over the last 5 days.

Not unexpected, but it does raise further doubt that experienced managment executives weren't on board with Benning's plan.

Way to go Benning, eliminate any dissenting viewpoints

For all the people saying that CDC "aren't GMs or management" and therefore their disagreement with Benning holds no weight, I hope they not that these guys did have significant NHL experience and were against the moves Benning made over the last 5 days.

Not unexpected, but it does raise further doubt that experienced managment executives weren't on board with Benning's plan.

Where was it reported that they were against these moves over the last 5 days?

This idea has no basis in reality, quit pretending that it does.

Well that was random. I personally don't care except for Gilman. He's been a financial mastermind for us having a great understanding of the team cap structure all his years. Just afraid JB will go complete bananas with contracts as he doesn't seem to have a grasp of them. Like that Vey and Bartkowski signing, that term and money...it's actually Gilman secretly hinting to us he was still here :P

...No biggie though. Wonder who the team gets to fill their shoes. Internal guys or from the outside :huh:

Yep

JB- Go get Bartkowski and Vey done...I want 3 million a year for 3 years for Bart and 2.5 million for 4 years for Vey

LG- Not sure that's smart...but I'll take care of it.

JB- You better....OR ELSE

2 hours pass....

LG- good news, i got both guys done and left you some cap room...you know Bart only want 1.75 million?

JB- YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

So... are we gonna hire a new staff... or is this legit Benning's team.

I don't feel safe with that at all.

I believe Linden said their roles would be handled internally. Benning taking on more responsibility and my guess is John Weisbrod doing more.

It's kind of funny, like Botchford said, most teams want a lot of smart, hockey guys to collaborate with in their front office. Benning and Linden seem to want to do everything on their own.

Well, this makes TOTAL sense from a business standpoint. If the Canucks are taking in the same money, but paying less out, BAM more profits.

Usually, management has guaranteed contracts. So add them to the list of Torts, Gillis, Luongo, Gilman, Henning and Crawford all getting paid to not work for the Canucks.

There's a fine balance, this regime seems to pay more upfront for having the flexibility later on where as the Gillis regime nickel and dimed by giving out NTC/NMC in contracts. NTC/NMC should be restricted to franchise players. Fans might not like the now but its better in the long run as we are witnessing now with the number of immovable contracts for aging average players.

Archived