The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman, Lorne Henning, Eric Crawford FIRED

Scorpyqc

I just think your jokes are shi*ty and I refuse to standby and let it go un-answered.

Edit: might want to stop asking people to reach deep into your box

Come on canorth chill out, this is a hockey forum, lighten up, this isn't your office or construction site or whatever. You don't like the jokes, good or bad, just ignore them! I swear I'm here half the time to look for a sarcastic or subtle joke, because, well, our Canucks ain't the kings they used to be! So I could be angry or have fun with it!

Enjoy your day! Whether you liked my post or not! And I will mind my own business from now on!

Linden gave everyone the answers earlier today - new direction, downsizing, efficiency. No drama or secret agenda. Pretty straightforward and obvious.

Yeah but I have a heart throb for XX hockey personnel as I read an article 5 summers ago about how he has a charity, walks rabbits, and knows how to talk to a bored reporter looking for anything to write about. I feel like I know him and I know he's the best and it just sucks that our GM who knows nothing doesn't understand these things...

Come on canorth chill out, this is a hockey forum, lighten up, this isn't your office or construction site or whatever. You don't like the jokes, good or bad, just ignore them! I swear I'm here half the time to look for a sarcastic or subtle joke, because, well, our Canucks ain't the kings they used to be! So I could be angry or have fun with it!

Enjoy your day! Whether you liked my post or not! And I will mind my own business from now on!

1/2 the time Milt? :)

To be honest, the first part of that post was meant to be joke, and just I got called out in another thread for some bad sarcasm, soooo...who am I to judge.

Warhippy if you're listening I apologize. I was being a d*ck head.

I"m a pretty big fan of these firings. I've never been sold on Crawford and never understood how Gilman survived the MG firing. Plus Gilman just annoys the sh*t out of me in general. Henning was just a waste of money.

There were way too many donkeys in that circus, so I agree with Benning's actions to streamline the process.

Linden gave everyone the answers earlier today - new direction, downsizing, efficiency. No drama or secret agenda. Pretty straightforward and obvious.

Correct..As Pierre Mcguire was saying on 1040 today...this is a standard procedure when a new President/GM take over.

1/2 the time Milt? :)

To be honest, the first part of that post was meant to be joke, and just I got called out in another thread for some bad sarcasm, soooo...who am I to judge.

Warhippy if you're listening I apologize. I was being a d*ck head.

Ok, a bit more than half the time. TBH I really don't get this hockey thing. Why are they always half bent over?

Yeah but I have a heart throb for XX hockey personnel as I read an article 5 summers ago about how he has a charity, walks rabbits, and knows how to talk to a bored reporter looking for anything to write about. I feel like I know him and I know he's the best and it just sucks that our GM who knows nothing doesn't understand these things...

He should have had a rabbit on the table during the announcement and said, "It was a tough decision. New direction. Sorry to see them go. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to walk this rabbit."

Benning signs Miller to a 3 year 18 million dollar contract.

Fires Gilman for not managing the cap properly...

Seriously though, less voices can be a good thing. However it's good to be surrounded by people other than "yes men".

Something was going on with the management, the trades proved and showed something is wrong. Everyone knows we didn't get enough, we all know they do have a vote when a trade offer is given, maybe these were the guys who convinced Benning to pull the trigger on some of the deals? I hope so.

Also, yes I agree less voices will be better but my god I freaking hope this team starts the rebuild at the deadline and just admits it. We will see what direction they go but like Ray Ferraro said, "You can't do it both ways," Either rebuild or build a contender, but you can't do it both ways!

Benning signs Miller to a 3 year 18 million dollar contract.

Fires Gilman for not managing the cap properly...

Seriously though, less voices can be a good thing. However it's good to be surrounded by people other than "yes men".

You have no idea of the specifics behind why anyone was fired. All we can say is that it was general differences of opinion between them and someone in management

I was thinking after the Sbisa and Dorsett signings that Gilman wasn't likely involved much in the contracts anymore, so that's not a surprise, but I thought Eric Crawford being let go was a surprise. He factored in a lot of the pre-draft hype and certainly seemed to be a step ahead of Delorme for our scouting department.

Perhaps it was a difference of stance between those three and the new management more than anything else, but I'm sure they'll find work elsewhere.

Archived